This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to thank the people on this board

#1CalmOfEmptinessPosted 2/10/2013 9:40:05 PM
I used to post here as The Battler a few years ago.

I want to thank you all for criticizing and questioning my beliefs. My parents were lazy enough about Islam to be unable to teach it to me properly, but strict enough to really screw with my social development. So I thank the Muslims here who taught me more about Islam than anybody I knew personally, the non-Muslim Theists who taught me to question Islam, and Atheists who taught me to question Religion.

I'm an Atheist now. I have a clearer mind now and know what I want out of life. If I never discovered this board when I was a teenager, I would probably still be a wishy-washy Agnostic Muslim.

So, thank you.
#2bratt100Posted 2/10/2013 9:51:46 PM
It's really what makes you happy that matters and I'm happy that you have found the answers you seek. Not that I had anything to do with that. (chronic lurker)
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#3FlashOfLightPosted 2/10/2013 10:08:11 PM
Man, that is an amazing testimonial, I had no idea this board could be so influential.
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#4JonWood007Posted 2/10/2013 10:24:35 PM
Oh yeah, the internet can have a major impact on beliefs. Engaging with atheists is a major reason why I now am one.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#5FlashOfLightPosted 2/10/2013 10:32:38 PM
JonWood007 posted...
Oh yeah, the internet can have a major impact on beliefs. Engaging with atheists is a major reason why I now am one.

Hmm, interesting. This is something to take note of.
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#6darkmaian23Posted 2/11/2013 12:59:26 AM
CalmOfEmptiness posted...
I used to post here as The Battler a few years ago.

I want to thank you all for criticizing and questioning my beliefs. My parents were lazy enough about Islam to be unable to teach it to me properly, but strict enough to really screw with my social development. So I thank the Muslims here who taught me more about Islam than anybody I knew personally, the non-Muslim Theists who taught me to question Islam, and Atheists who taught me to question Religion.

I'm an Atheist now. I have a clearer mind now and know what I want out of life. If I never discovered this board when I was a teenager, I would probably still be a wishy-washy Agnostic Muslim.

So, thank you.

I wasn't around for that any of that, but I would like to congratulate you. Getting out of religion can be both scary and difficult. I've recently deconverted from both Christianity and a rather out there cult. I'm sorry I didn't have the pleasure at the time of helping you out.
#7Hustle KongPosted 2/11/2013 5:31:31 AM
Hopefully you're not going through much stress. Change in something like that can be very painful and confusing. Sounds like you're taking it well, though.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#8ThuggernautzPosted 2/11/2013 7:56:20 AM
Congrats. I hope your new clarity leads you to great things! :)
#9SilviiroPosted 2/11/2013 4:43:45 PM
Hey, I remember you! You were a pretty good poster if I recall correctly.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#10C_MatPosted 2/11/2013 7:47:34 PM
This board has only taught me that people usually believe whatever they like to believe. I have a whole lot more respect for someone who acknowledges the things about their worldview that they don't necessarily like, but believe anyway because they feel it's the truth.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk