This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tangentially related to religion, but did anyone else really enjoy in EU...

#11hunter_gohan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:17:15 PM(edited)
electricgod posted...
How did you get a Greek western Europe? I don't think I've ever seen Greece appear since I got Divine Wind. I think DW AI are far more predictable than they were previously.

Wah? This post is the first time Greece is mentioned :p

Magyar15 posted...
I love that game, although I usually just play as Hungary, and try to manipulate things so the Byzantine Empire resurges (by kicking the Turks whenever they are vulnerable). I then usually convert to Protestantism to makes things interesting, and take over good chunks of Russia

Ah, Magyar ;) Ever play that mod were you can form the Jagellion(sp) Empire? I've done that, though starting as Poland(25% Polish here).

electricgod posted...
Byzantium doesn't need a lot of help in DW. When I played a Wallachia -> Romania game I had to personally end them to get the decision, thanks to the abysmal Ottoman AI.

A lot of it is on the early start date. The Romans were a lot more powerful, and the Ottomans a lot weaker in 1399 as opposed to 1453.

Making this thread actually made me jump into a new game. Weakened Ottomans are working out nicely so far. I picked Mamlukes for the added challenge of getting out of tribal government and have pretty much locked down the non Ottoman Anatolia provices as vassals and just conquered Ethiopia. With the Ottomans as close allies so far.

Though the games I have most fun with are on the Vinland Mod where I can spread the one true religion, Asatru! All hail the All-Father! (Also 25% Norwegian here :p)

Keeping on the subject of religion I would like to try to play a game where I completely wipe one out converting them all to another. That would fun. (Pagans don't count :p)
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#12Magyar15Posted 2/11/2013 11:16:46 PM
"Ah, Magyar ;) Ever play that mod were you can form the Jagellion(sp) Empire? I've done that, though starting as Poland(25% Polish here)."

Nah actually, I think the only mod I've played with is the CK conversion file. Do you happen to remember the name?
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#13hunter_gohan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:26:09 PM
It's one of the ones I have installed I know that, not Vinland one. I'm thinking Death & Taxes lemme check.....

Yup that's the one I love this mod:

Ideas have more stringent requirements, but are significantly more powerful

Sliders have a much bigger impact

Sardinia-Piedmont is formable and has unique missions!

Byzantium can restore the Roman Empire, complete with decisions and missions!

More decisions for Poland and formable Jagiellonian Empire

Revamped Papal State - end the Great Schism, form the Kingdom of God and keep the Holy See! (It's actually worth making the Kingdom of God!)

Better missions for Castile and Aragon!

Overhaul of generic missions (in progress)

Conquer the world as Hosokawa- More realistic Japan!

New generic decisions - Industrialise!

New German formation- Own 25 German cities

DAO Map included, with fully working missions and decisions

More realistic Mexican and South American native tribes

Extended timeline from 1356-1861

And lots more...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?451-Death-amp-Taxes&s=a66267675fa2d4e630bd9a062199241d

Love the requirements for the for Ideas. Like to get the higher up land ideas you need your slider slid far into the land slide. It says Poland up there, but I'm pretty sure Hungary, Poland, and Lithuania can form it.

(Actually the game I'm playing right now in which I mentioned the strengths of the Romans and Ottos, is a Death and Taxes game. So that's probably even worse then non-moded if that annoys you.)
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#14hunter_gohan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:30:00 PM
Also Misc Mods is great for just random crazy starting scenarios. Like a lot more infighting between the Christians resulting in still pagan norther cities and France and England a shadow of what they were. A black plague that killed live everyone in Europe (a few cathtolic nations survived on islands and muslims have started colonizing.) That's a nice mod if you wanna scew europe and play somewhere else. No matter you stats, you'll eventually get an even giving you 100% research rate.
---
#15hunter_gohan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:34:07 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
It looks interesting... but is it super complex? I am atrocious at games like Civ. I think I've put a hundred hours or more into Civ 4 and I won maybe 5 times.

Just had another thought. if you do wind up playing it. Don't be afraid to play on easy difficultly until you get the hang of it. There's no shame in that. Also they have a seperate option for AI aggressiveness. "Low" is actually widely recognized to generally make the most accurate borders barring human involvments.
---
#16Magyar15Posted 2/11/2013 11:34:12 PM
Cool, I'll have to check some of those out if I ever have time; maybe spring break.
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust