This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Giving away my spiritual book collection

#21DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:28:27 AM
Surprised you won't keep your books, honestly, books are books.

Not to mention for all you know you might change your mind some day.

I'm keeping the apologetic's ones. I see it that someone would actually enjoy and get benefit out of some of these while all of them operate on the assumption that God is real, an assumption I don't make.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#22FlashOfLightPosted 2/12/2013 10:17:14 AM
DarkContractor posted...

Are you asking did I seek help from teachers? No, I really did not. I swear.

No.

Now, learning more about determinism took away free will, the genealogy of morality took away romans 2:1 five (lol five key still broke), and the idea of the statistically inevitable took away my answered prayer confirmation biases.

What was the contention you had with determinism?
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#23chukie_suePosted 2/12/2013 10:36:07 AM
Thank you for the offer, but I have more books than I know what to do with.
---
"Christ is with those of humble mind, not with those who exalt themselves over his flock." -St. Clement of Rome.
#24IamvegitoPosted 2/12/2013 11:17:39 AM
If MacArthur is typical of the rest, no thanks. I don't like conservative Christianity. About to start Marcus Borg's The Heart of Christianity.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#25chareyPosted 2/12/2013 12:40:35 PM
What is "the Christian Atheist" I might be interested.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#26FlashOfLightPosted 2/12/2013 1:27:54 PM
DarkContractor posted...

I'm not selling them. theyre free. I request shipping money (it's 3.80 to ship in the US), but its that - a request.

Oh ok, free, well then that definitely makes it easier for you to get them out of your hands. Haha maybe you can throw in some old game you're not using anymore to make the deal a bit more lucrative or rewarding to the audience at hand.

Though, with how things are these days, I'm not even sure if one is allowed to just give a game away, so scratch that off the menu, I guess.
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#27Wandering__HeroPosted 2/12/2013 2:07:54 PM
DarkContractor: On behalf of all the Christians on this board, and all the sane Christians who know God, I apolgise for LastmanStanding, Polish Crusader and Flash of Light.

They act without our approval or consent and they act against the teachings our religion is built on, please do not take anything seriously here.

I am confident no Christian approves of their actions and I've long expect LSm was a troll, at least it seemed obvious from his words and actions that he did not know God and never did, and I've called them out here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/65426179?page=2

I'd like to say again to other Atheists, what can we can do about fundies, attention whores and impostors when they run wild and ignore anything Christians have to say to them? Its worse out there because the American Media loves those guys!

In England at least, we try to keep them under wraps.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#28DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 6:49:00 PM

What was the contention you had with determinism?

I have no contention with determinism. It's established and backed by evidence, it has withstood peer review. It's free will I have a problem, not only is there 0 evidence for it, it
is demonstrably false, it also clearly contradicts determinism. From: charey | #025
What is "the Christian Atheist" I might be interested.

its catchline is "beliefing that God exists but living like He doesn't" its a good book.

Oh ok, free, well then that definitely makes it easier for you to get them out of your hands. Haha maybe you can throw in some old game you're not using anymore to make the deal a bit more lucrative or rewarding to the audience at hand.

Though, with how things are these days, I'm not even sure if one is allowed to just give a game away, so scratch that off the menu, I guess.

dont really care if no one wants one. I ain't worried about it, I just figured I'd offer, since there's no point in them collecting dust on my bookshelf :PFrom: Wandering__Hero | #027
DarkContractor: On behalf of all the Christians on this board, and all the sane Christians who know God, I apolgise for LastmanStanding, Polish Crusader and Flash of Light.

They act without our approval or consent and they act against the teachings our religion is built on, please do not take anything seriously here.

I am confident no Christian approves of their actions and I've long expect LSm was a troll, at least it seemed obvious from his words and actions that he did not know God and never did, and I've called them out here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/65426179?page=2

I'd like to say again to other Atheists, what can we can do about fundies, attention whores and impostors when they run wild and ignore anything Christians have to say to them? Its worse out there because the American Media loves those guys!

In England at least, we try to keep them under wraps.

the only one thats weird is LMS. Flash has been very respectful man. I even got PC added on facebook. I appreciate the looking out, though.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#29FlashOfLightPosted 2/12/2013 8:22:27 PM
Wandering__Hero posted...

Ok, now you are purporsefully targeting me, this is trolling by any definition of the word.

You are also doing the thing you are accusing others of doing, which is harassment.
---
#30FlashOfLightPosted 2/12/2013 8:28:10 PM
DarkContractor posted...

I have no contention with determinism. It's established and backed by evidence, it has withstood peer review. It's free will I have a problem, not only is there 0 evidence for it, it
is demonstrably false, it also clearly contradicts determinism.

Alright.

dont really care if no one wants one. I ain't worried about it, I just figured I'd offer, since there's no point in them collecting dust on my bookshelf :P

Yeah, unused books on a shelf are a sad thing, it's best for them not to take up space in the home if something more useful can be done with them.

As a curios side detail, do you happen to own any DVD's by any of the speakers or authors you mentioned?
---