This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a Christian, I would like to thank atheists.

#11Iamvegito(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:56:06 PM
*facedesk*

So, as I was saying...
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#12lastheroPosted 2/13/2013 12:01:22 AM
Like for instance- all those morons that use mediums of research and scrutiny that are unverifiable to the average person to attack the bible - like the science behind fossil study and carbon dating and different scientific theorys and string theory, etc.

By 'morons', I think you mean 'scientists who've spent years studying these things and know more about them than I do'. And what does string theory have to do with the Bible, I wonder?
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#13JonWood007Posted 2/13/2013 12:05:25 AM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Oh no, jonwood. You misunderstood. I didnt mean only use the bible to scrutinize itself. I meant I can only meaningfully discuss scrutiny on the bible if the subject is the ACTUAL content in the bible. Like for instance- all those morons that use mediums of research and scrutiny that are unverifiable to the average person to attack the bible - like the science behind fossil study and carbon dating and different scientific theorys and string theory, etc. the list goes on. People only bring up those things when they are failing and are attempting to sound smarter to win a debate. Use something that people can actually verify themselves and talk about, like the history of the storys behind what happened in the bible, the documented tablets of the empires at the time, etc.

That was what i meant. Does that make sense?

So, we're not supposed to determine if the Bible is actually consistent with reality?
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#14fudrickPosted 2/13/2013 12:07:32 AM
"Just use things normal people can verify on their own - you know, s*** that happened thousands of years ago"
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#15Wandering__HeroPosted 2/13/2013 3:40:44 AM
Please ignore Flash, Polish and Lms, they are likely a group of trolls, some guy with 3 accounts and too much time or renegades who piss on the rest of Christianity, because as i establish here they act against our approval and wishes.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/65426179?page=2

And yeah I'm thankful for Athesits calling out fundies, I just wish more would target them rather than Christianity as a whole.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#16KNessJMPosted 2/13/2013 3:45:11 AM
And likewise. Using Christian beliefs as a starting point to philosophize about has lead me to some of my current beliefs and understandings.
---
Quote of the Week: "There is an inner logic and we're taught to stay far from it. It's simple and elegant but it's cruel and antithetic."
#17FlashOfLightPosted 2/13/2013 3:48:27 AM
Wandering__Hero posted...
Please ignore Flash, Polish and Lms, they are likely a group of trolls, some guy with 3 accounts and too much time or renegades who piss on the rest of Christianity, because as i establish here they act against our approval and wishes.

And yeah I'm thankful for Athesits calling out fundies, I just wish more would target them rather than Christianity as a whole.

Congratulations, this is THREE times now you have done this in posts -

"Harassment/Stalking/Privacy:

Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group by another individual or group with the intent of creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the Service, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats, is strictly prohibited. Posting contact or other private information of any person (Service user or not) is also prohibited."
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#18halo07guyPosted 2/13/2013 4:31:32 AM
FlashOfLight posted...

Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group by another individual or group with the intent of creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the Service, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats, is strictly prohibited. Posting contact or other private information of any person (Service user or not) is also prohibited."

Considering that the three of you have continually made fools of yourselves, it's hard not to come to that conclusion. Anyone who thinks the sun revolves around the Earth is someone best not taken seriously.
#19Wandering__HeroPosted 2/13/2013 7:46:21 AM
FlashOfLight posted...

So, like LMS you would try to pervert this sites polcies to silence your opponents? Is this what a Christian does to another when they point out ungodly behaviour?

Or you are acknowledging that we are no in fact on the same side at all?

If the moderation on the sight was more through you'd all be done for trolling. I doubt another religious board would put up with your antics, and I know the Christian community does not take kindly to people twisting authirty to try to silence fellow believers.

Of course most debate boards don't take kindly to alts, false flag operations or sock puppets.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/