This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am a Satanist and I want to discuss something.

#1FaustianLogixPosted 2/12/2013 10:19:53 PM
Hi, for starters. I'm new to this board and I don't intend to cause a lot of waves. A little background before I continue though.

As a youth I was Confirmed in the Lutheran faith. This is actually what I was brought up as, but later renounced it and went on a kind of soul searching experience. After a bit of research I came to satanism and have identified myself as such for 7 years. I do however have an issue with this concept of ritualistic magic practices in that I find them incredibly nonsensical. Its to a point where I'd rather just be known as a really selfish atheist instead of having to explain satanism to somebody when it comes up. I was actually wanting to talk about that specifically, religious rituals that is, and how important they are or aren't to one who practices their religion.

Please forgive any grammar mistakes I may have missed. I'm typing from my phone at work but intend to follow up with people as best I can until I get home.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | http://faust-tldr.blogspot.com/
Twitch.tv/Player_F | @FaustianLogix for streaming updates.
#2Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/12/2013 10:23:35 PM
LaVeyan Satanism, then?
#3FaustianLogix(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:24:03 PM
Yep yep. :-)
---
#4LastManStandingPosted 2/12/2013 10:53:51 PM
Can you tell people here how Satanists have much higher reach into the world, than people realize.
During your soul searching, did you pick Satanism because you are rejecting worshiping Christ?
I'm a Catholic by the way, disciple of Christ, and I'm very well aware of Satan.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#5Polish_CrusaderPosted 2/12/2013 10:57:28 PM
This debate/discussion has happened countless dozens of times from tv to radio, to internet to college classrooms:

When you put out any label with the word "satan" in it, it makes it appear that you want to be like satan. The word "christian" means christ like. When someone calls themself a nazi, that means they want to be like the people that belong to nazi germany (killers, racist, etc.). You get where im goin?

Im actually in the slow process of making a presentation about the short documented history of satan in the bible. Not for any historical interest, but just to inform people of what he actually is. So a topic like this is right up my alley.

An easy way to look at it is- Satan represents everything that is wrong with mankind. The history and persona of satan revolves around the same three things over and over again: lies, hatred, and self indulgence. Not coincidentally, these are the 3 biggest themes around the most common sin of man. 1.)what was the original sin? self indulgence. Eve wanted to get something that tasted really good, 2.)How did the snake convince eve to take the fruit? He lied to her- eve said that god told her not to take it. The snake (devil) outright lied and said "thats not true. no he didnt". 3.)Why does the devil constantly work towards damaging humanity and human relationships with each other and god? Because he hates humans- gods perfect creation. Satan cannot do anything to God or his angels, so he has nothing better to do than to essentially troll God for all eternity by messing with his people- us here on earth. So there you have it folks- Self indulgence, lies, and hatred. Those are the 3 things at the core that stem off into every evil of mankind. All started with lucifer, the most beautiful angel in all of heaven, who tried to convince 1/3rd of all the angels to rebel against god (lie) to try to make himself god over all (self indulgence) because he did not like gods rule over him and wanted his corrupt rule only (hatred). I just repeated it again!

So, in the end, what im trying to say is- when you call yourself a satanist, you are essentially saying to the public that you represent- lies, self indulgence, and hatred. So thats why you will never trully win the discussion on how you dont want to be like satan, even though you carry his name in your own self description. Because it just makes absolutely no sense.
#6FlashOfLightPosted 2/12/2013 10:57:52 PM
FaustianLogix posted...
Hi, for starters. I'm new to this board and I don't intend to cause a lot of waves. A little background before I continue though.

Please forgive any grammar mistakes I may have missed. I'm typing from my phone at work but intend to follow up with people as best I can until I get home.

Hi.

You didn't make any grammar mistakes, you've got a good phone.
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#7TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/12/2013 11:06:47 PM
Hello and welcome, TC :)

I am a non-denominational Protestant, and my stance on rituals is as follows:

I believe rituals can be excellent as a means of expressing or channeling your beliefs for various spiritual benefit, but I also think they run the risk of.. becoming for their own sake. Many religious people of all different religions (including my own) allow rituals to become an idol and an end in itself, rather than a means to get closer to the being you worship or perhaps for non-theistic rituals as a means to connect you with your ancestors or really whatever purpose it is.

The first warning sign, to me, is when people start getting mad at each other for doing rituals "incorrectly". That is a red flag because, ultimately, if a "wrong" ritual helps you get closer to God (speaking in terms of my own religion, here) then it is fulfilling its purpose.

Also, dont worry about people like LMS. You will receive no judgment from me or most of the folks on this board for your religious persuasion. Although it is one I disagree with :P
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#8FaustianLogix(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:14:55 PM
Hello again guys. Its getting busy just now before I have to close up. I dtidn't expect so many replies so fast but I will reply to all of them when I have a proper keyboard in front of me. Thanks for your patience.
---
#9fudrickPosted 2/12/2013 11:18:17 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
So, in the end, what im trying to say is- when you call yourself a satanist, you are essentially saying to the public that you represent- lies, self indulgence, and hatred. So thats why you will never trully win the discussion on how you dont want to be like satan, even though you carry his name in your own self description. Because it just makes absolutely no sense.

So when you call yourself a christian, you are essentially saying that you want to be executed via crucifixion. Right?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#10TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/12/2013 11:18:43 PM
fudrick posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...

So when you call yourself a christian, you are essentially saying that you want to be executed via crucifixion. Right?

wat
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt