This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please explain to me why so many American Christians support the death penalty.

#11Wandering__HeroPosted 2/13/2013 4:49:02 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
The Lord said in genesis when someone takes a life their life should be taken.

If your going to pretend to be a Christian, please read up on Jesus's words, at least the basics.

Very sloppy trolling, very sloppy indeed.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#12Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/13/2013 5:12:08 PM
It depends on what scripture they choose to follow, I suppose. The Bible (and other religious texts, not a unique case here) contradicts itself at times, so no one can follow the entire thing.
#13UnfairRepresentPosted 2/13/2013 5:29:30 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
As a non-Christian I supported the death penalty up until a few years ago, after seeing Changeling. The execution scene pretty much beat any support I had for it out of me.

Wait Hollywood movies change your mind? Not reason and research?

Jesus
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/45yVrRr.jpg
#14Wandering__HeroPosted 2/13/2013 5:29:38 PM
Lord_Ichmael posted...
It depends on what scripture they choose to follow, I suppose. The Bible (and other religious texts, not a unique case here) contradicts itself at times, so no one can follow the entire thing.

Theirs a rather clear saying by Jesus that invalidates Polish Crusader's point, and its something that pretty much every Christian is familiar with.

But I've been questioning whether the trio of trolls is actually Christian at all, so I wanted to see if the muppet brigade were aware of that very basic verse that makes it clear Jesus is against the death penalty.

Come on Polish, your impersonating my religion you should be able to do this one, its something Chirstians are taught as children and your not stupider than a child, are you?
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#15WelshGamer82Posted 2/13/2013 5:37:55 PM
From: Wandering__Hero | Posted: 2/14/2013 12:29:38 AM | #014
But I've been questioning whether the trio of trolls is actually Christian at all, so I wanted to see if the muppet brigade were aware of that very basic verse that makes it clear Jesus is against the death penalty.

Which one? I'll be very disappointed if it's the stoning of the woman caught in adultery.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7020/jesustwitter.jpg
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. < ><
#16DarkContractorPosted 2/13/2013 5:44:03 PM(edited)
I would assume they view it as a permissible, even a necessary, form of justice. That for heinous crimes and/or unrepentant criminals, who demonstrate no empathy or sorrow, it's a fitting sentence.

If you're asking for a scriptural reason why they may feel that way, I couldn't say. You should ask them. And while you're at it, tell them to stop being so hard on beer. If Jesus turned water in to wine, if CS Lewis knocked back a few at the pub over a hearty theological discussion, if Yeungling keeps producing religious-experience-level lagers, then why should I be looked at funny for wanting a brew with my brat at the church picnic?

Well, technically you aren't supposed to do something someone else considers a sin in their presence.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#17Wandering__HeroPosted 2/13/2013 5:44:25 PM
Its not. Its just that even with the most basic knowledge of the bible Polish should have realised hes screwed up in at least 2 obvious ways, that any child raised with the teachings of God would be aware of.
---
#18DarkContractorPosted 2/13/2013 6:03:21 PM
Its not. Its just that even with the most basic knowledge of the bible Polish should have realised hes screwed up in at least 2 obvious ways, that any child raised with the teachings of God would be aware of.

you seem very critical of your brethen.

that said, I did lol that PC doesn't seem to know the difference between old and new convenant.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#19Wandering__HeroPosted 2/13/2013 6:10:40 PM(edited)
DarkContractor posted...

you seem very critical of your brethen.

that said, I did lol that PC doesn't seem to know the difference between old and new convenant.

I am critical of LMS, Polish and Flash because they have been demonstrating that they are not my breathen.

And yeah theirs another hilarious irony in Polish's post that is slightly less obvious, but if hes a Christian he should realise the stupid, stupid thing he has done.

And Polish, I have to say, I've grown up around Christians and not one single one would have failed to answer the question I posed, even the most lax.

I should add, the trio disregard anything any other Christian has ever said to them, always acts against their words and wishes, and always post differently to how the rest of us would, as well as engaging in attention whoring and harrasing people.

And Flash threatened to use the gamefaqs system to have me silence, something LMS was only too keen to try. I guess they really don't consider me their breathen, and I have to say the feeling is mutual.

I've been trying to prove LMS was a fake for a while, but I can't think of a more solid way of exposing a fake by asking the knowledge a Christian child would possess. I mean he can BS out of arguing like an idiot, attention whoring, intentionally posting in a way to try and make Christianity appear foolish and acting ungodly, but if hes Christian he'll know this, and if he isn't I'll add this to my growing pile of evidence.
---
#20SuibomPosted 2/13/2013 7:07:30 PM
DarkContractor posted...

Well, technically you aren't supposed to do something someone else considers a sin in their presence.

Yeah yeah, I know.... Believe me, I know...

I don't, btw, but I keep believing that if enough of us can turn the cultural tide here in America, that maybe one day, my son or daughter might be able to live in this country, able to enjoy a brew with dinner without fear of some Mrs. Church Lady having a fit over it.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14