This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please explain to me why so many American Christians support the death penalty.

#31mikmalotPosted 2/14/2013 12:25:25 PM
lasthero posted...
sthater posted...
Honestly TC I don't think it's so much American Christians that so much as Americans themselves that support the death penalty. Basically I'm not really convinced that religion is the real deciding factor in all of this.

I think there is some correlation. It's by no means exclusive to the religious, but on the other hand, I don't think it's pure coincidence that one of the most Pro-Christian states - Texas - also has the highest number of executions, last I checked.

Texas is also governed by a sleazy hypocrite. So...there's that
---
Descartes is sitting in a bar, having a drink. The bartender asks him if he wants another. "I think not," he says and vanishes in a puff of logic.
#32lastheroPosted 2/14/2013 1:06:36 PM
mikmalot posted...
lasthero posted...
sthater posted...
Honestly TC I don't think it's so much American Christians that so much as Americans themselves that support the death penalty. Basically I'm not really convinced that religion is the real deciding factor in all of this.

I think there is some correlation. It's by no means exclusive to the religious, but on the other hand, I don't think it's pure coincidence that one of the most Pro-Christian states - Texas - also has the highest number of executions, last I checked.

Texas is also governed by a sleazy hypocrite. So...there's that

True, true. It seems to have a history with sleazy hypocrites.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#33actarusPosted 2/14/2013 2:05:15 PM(edited)
LastManStanding posted...
Supporting death penalty is a sin.

No , it is a sin to disobey GOD's Commandments or preaching against GOD's Commandments.

Mat 15:4-6 For God commanded, saying,
Honour Thy father and mother: and, he that curses father or mother, let him die the death. Exo 20:12 Exo 21:17 .
But ye say,
Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift,
by whatever Thou might be profited by me;
And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free.
Thus have ye nullified the Commandment of God by your tradition.
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#34LastManStandingPosted 2/14/2013 2:34:16 PM
actarus posted...
LastManStanding posted...
Supporting death penalty is a sin.

No , it is a sin to disobey GOD's Commandments or preaching against GOD's Commandments.

Mat 15:4-6 For God commanded, saying,
Honour Thy father and mother: and, he that curses father or mother, let him die the death. Exo 20:12 Exo 21:17 .
But ye say,
Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift,
by whatever Thou might be profited by me;
And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free.
Thus have ye nullified the Commandment of God by your tradition.

Christ is showing how people pick tradition over obeying God's commandement. And yes violating commandements is a sin. Every person is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#35PatriotwolfPosted 2/15/2013 12:27:01 AM
Wandering__Hero posted...
Patriotwolf posted...
The problem is that past generations have been brought up on the "eye for an eye" mentality, and thus think it is applicable.

Which shows ignorance and ungodliness (and don't no True Scotsman me, if your deliberately going against Jesus your not a Christian) on their part since Jesus specifically repeals that and states it only existed in the first place of how sinful humans were.

Doesn't surprise someone like Polish went along with it though.

What's your point exactly?
---
"You're just one big headache, and I got a pistol full of aspirin"
"Who cares if you screw others?"-1337toothbrush
#36Wandering__HeroPosted 2/15/2013 3:34:12 AM
Patriotwolf posted...
Wandering__Hero posted...
Patriotwolf posted...
The problem is that past generations have been brought up on the "eye for an eye" mentality, and thus think it is applicable.

Which shows ignorance and ungodliness (and don't no True Scotsman me, if your deliberately going against Jesus your not a Christian) on their part since Jesus specifically repeals that and states it only existed in the first place of how sinful humans were.

Doesn't surprise someone like Polish went along with it though.

What's your point exactly?

The supposed old biblical principle that supported the death penalty was called out and abolished by Jesus. Also that Polish Crusader is a fake.

Any Christian supporting the death penalty is likely either deliberately going against Christ for their own ends, or not much of a Christian in the first place (since this is from a reading that is read out in church A LOT).
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/