This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you believe in God?

#41IamvegitoPosted 2/15/2013 12:23:03 PM
Actually it does not. My beliefs about everlasting life are in no way contradicted by anything you've said.

Then why say "no?"
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#42Dathrowed1Posted 2/15/2013 12:32:20 PM
I think we read her question a little bit differently
---
sig
#43Moorish_IdolPosted 2/15/2013 1:26:20 PM
Vegito: I've Googled the eternal life thing some more. It's hard to find sources that say what you do, mainly because there's a billion results from Christian sites out there. But I've also read some Biblical passages with the "future world" perspective, and it makes sense in a lot of cases; but I am curious what your take on one particular verse would be: Matthew 19:16-21

(Sorry about not pasting the verses here, but it's a pain to do so on my phone, so if you would not mind looking it up yourself…)

In this story, a man asks Jesus what it would take for him to receive eternal life. He doesn't word his question generally (as in the world) but he specifically refers to himself, "I". The wording for this man's question is the same across all four gospels.

Why would he be asking about his eternal life if it's a more general future-world concept? I am having trouble applying your understanding to this verse, because it sounds like it is an afterlife reward in this particular case.

Enlighten me. :P I find this whole thing very interesting.
#44UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 2:13:12 PM
^ he won't be back
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/45yVrRr.jpg
#45Moorish_IdolPosted 2/15/2013 3:12:49 PM
UnfairRepresent posted...
^ he won't be back

Did you kill him or something?
#46GBALoserPosted 2/15/2013 4:38:53 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
^ he won't be back

Probably bored him
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#47UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:38:36 AM
Moorish_Idol posted...
^ he won't be back

No but look. He's gone
---
#48GBALoserPosted 2/19/2013 5:53:25 AM
And you're back. Weeeeeee.....
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#49UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:38:11 AM
GBALoser posted...
And you're back. Weeeeeee.....

I notice you never explained why you believe
---
#50GBALoserPosted 2/19/2013 6:39:31 AM
I notice you never explained why you believe

GBALoser posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
I would answer you but you have a pattern of calling things you don't understand "stupid" and I don't want to encourage your bad habit.

---