This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you believe in God?

#81hamsandwich3141Posted 2/25/2013 7:09:44 AM
UnfairRepresent posted...

By the way I'd just like to point out the hypocrisy here of saying "This guy just insults people so don't listen to him!" while simultaneously saying I am possibly a troll and have no communication skills while not actually making an on-topic point.

If you actually believe in that the more you insult people, the more likely they are to resist your argument, then nobody should ever talk to you. Ever.

I said you insult people, not that the only thing you do is insult. Unless you have a vastly different definition of insult, I don't think it was a stretch for me to say that. You can call my post hypocritical if you like, but I tried my best to not overly insult you while still giving my honest opinion of your posting. Is there something I said that you took particular offense to?

And yes, my post was off topic. Probably because I wasn't responding to the topic at hand, but instead answering a direct question asked by another poster. Would you rather I PM him instead?

As for the last part, yes, I do believe that insulting someone hardens them to your cause. Clearly, you disagree. So do you believe that insults increase the chances of changing someone's mind, or that they have no effect either way?

I assume your closing lines are supposed to be a dig at me, but I'm not sure in which way to interpret it. Is the implication that I am so insulting that talking to anyone is a waste of my time? Or that my belief in that concept is so stupid that talking to me is a waste of others' time? Or perhaps neither of those? Just curious.
---
She went after her kids with super love, they turned into drugs. - LastManStanding
#82UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 8:07:58 AM
hamsandwich3141 posted...
I said you insult people, not that the only thing you do is insult. Unless you have a vastly different definition of insult, I don't think it was a stretch for me to say that. You can call my post hypocritical if you like, but I tried my best to not overly insult you while still giving my honest opinion of your posting. Is there something I said that you took particular offense to?

Yes.

And yes, my post was off topic. Probably because I wasn't responding to the topic at hand, but instead answering a direct question asked by another poster. Would you rather I PM him instead?

No.

As for the last part, yes, I do believe that insulting someone hardens them to your cause. Clearly, you disagree. So do you believe that insults increase the chances of changing someone's mind, or that they have no effect either way?

Said unironically while you insult me.

No. I think arguments destroy weaker arguments. That's why I make them. I think you and other people ignoring my arguments and fleeing from them is just because you can't counter them. And then you hide behind "You say mean things." as an excuse, A hypocritical excuse considering you insult me.

Which is a terrible precedent and being a bad person.

I assume your closing lines are supposed to be a dig at me, but I'm not sure in which way to interpret it. Is the implication that I am so insulting that talking to anyone is a waste of my time? Or that my belief in that concept is so stupid that talking to me is a waste of others' time? Or perhaps neither of those? Just curious.

You tell me.
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/45yVrRr.jpg
#83hamsandwich3141Posted 2/25/2013 8:35:31 AM

Yes.

Then I apologize.
---
She went after her kids with super love, they turned into drugs. - LastManStanding
#84UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:07:56 AM

Yes.

Then I apologize.

I accept your apology.

Lets be friends
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/45yVrRr.jpg