This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently, Republicans and Democrats pray quite differently...

#11GBALoserPosted 2/14/2013 2:53:23 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...

Im an independent. I vote for what is right for the country regardless.

So... you don't vote?
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#12JonWood007Posted 2/14/2013 3:04:05 PM(edited)
BBT is right. Democrats are far less likely to call on jesus and much more likely to be ashamed of his name. Theres a lot more real christians in the republican party, but i still disagree with a lot of republican policys, especially the ones on taxes (rich pay the least), and big business law.

Actually, I think the big issue here is democrats are more open minded and more aware that the world doesn't revolve around them and their worldview. The Christian democrats I know try to live like Jesus, not shove him down everyone's throats through oppressive religious policies.

I'm a left leaning independent here, I tend to vote democrat nowadays, but I also vote for what I consider best for the country. Used to be a republican...but....ugh. Cant stand their misinformed ideas any more.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#13GBALoserPosted 2/14/2013 3:04:38 PM
JonWood007 posted...

Actually, I think the big issue here is democrats are more open minded and more aware that the world doesn't revolve around them and their worldview. The Christian democrats I know try to live like Jesus, not shove him down everyone's throats through oppressive religious policies.

Also, I believe Democrats are more likely to choose non-Christians than Republicans for the congressional speeches, though that's just speculation. I've tried to find an actual breakdown online, but to no avail.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#14IamvegitoPosted 2/14/2013 4:36:07 PM
much more likely to be ashamed of his name. Theres a lot more real christians in the republican party,

Real Christianity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_theology#Theology
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#15JonWood007Posted 2/14/2013 4:47:41 PM
GBALoser posted...
JonWood007 posted...

Also, I believe Democrats are more likely to choose non-Christians than Republicans for the congressional speeches, though that's just speculation. I've tried to find an actual breakdown online, but to no avail.

Well democrats are less likely to do the whole "Christian nation" thing and more likely to promote diversity, so it's highly likely.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
#16Polish_CrusaderPosted 2/14/2013 10:13:47 PM
GBALoser posted...

So... you don't vote?

lol. I do vote. I vote for more republicans than i do dems. FOr prez last year i voted for Gary Johnson, the libertarian. He has some amazing ideas if you have ever heard him speak. Would blow obama away in intellectual and political conversation about the problems in this country.
#17Julian_CaesarPosted 2/14/2013 10:25:14 PM
American politics on the Religion board = horrible recipe.

If this turns into a debate... may god have mercy on our souls.

:D
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#18JonWood007Posted 2/14/2013 10:37:17 PM
GBALoser posted...

So... you don't vote?

lol. I do vote. I vote for more republicans than i do dems. FOr prez last year i voted for Gary Johnson, the libertarian. He has some amazing ideas if you have ever heard him speak. Would blow obama away in intellectual and political conversation about the problems in this country.

You know the libertarians are all for a lot of those economy policies you bashed above as far as I know. And they're a lot less for religion. Just saying.
---
#19the_hedonistPosted 2/15/2013 7:12:11 AM
Yeah, libertarians are typically more economically conservative than Republicans. Not only that, but Gary Johson is pro-choice. How much do you know about candidates before you vote for them?
---
"Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart - His wounds have paid my ransom."