This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does the pope get to be above the law?

#1Darklit_RequiemPosted 2/15/2013 8:44:02 AM
If the head of any other group or organization was guilty of as much as him, they'd be in jail for life long before now. Just the child rape thing alone...god >.>
---
Currently Playing - Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy, Persona 2: Innocent Sin
#2FingerpuppetPosted 2/15/2013 8:53:33 AM
I don't think that he raped any children...
---
I recently came back to this site. I don't have an interesting sig, so please say something interesting that I can put here.
#3IamvegitoPosted 2/15/2013 9:00:43 AM
One, From: Fingerpuppet | #002

Two, he's the head of a sovereign state.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#4TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/15/2013 9:06:59 AM
Iamvegito posted...

Yeah, this. Who is going to throw him in jail, TC? The American government?
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#5Wandering__HeroPosted 2/15/2013 9:12:16 AM
He hasn't raped children but I do find it disgraceful he lets his subordinates cover for such people.

I guess its because of the status religion holds and paying off parents of these incidents.

This is one of the reasons I went from Catholic to non Denominational.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#6chareyPosted 2/15/2013 9:16:20 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Iamvegito posted...

Yeah, this. Who is going to throw him in jail, TC? The American government?

A complaint to the International Criminal Court was alleging that the pope was involved in the cover up of the sex abuse and what the pope is doing is trying to make his political immunity cover him after he leaves office.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#7Hustle KongPosted 2/15/2013 9:21:52 AM
So alleging equals guilt? Good gods.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#8IamvegitoPosted 2/15/2013 9:24:46 AM
A complaint to the International Criminal Court was alleging that the pope was involved in the cover up of the sex abuse and what the pope is doing is trying to make his political immunity cover him after he leaves office.

The ICC really lacks authority, mostly because the US doesn't see it as legitimate. This topic is more a discussion of international politics than religion.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."