This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Meteorite just hit earth, hundreds of people injured

#1LastManStandingPosted 2/15/2013 9:45:11 AM
There will be signs in the sky, says The Lord.
Check out weather.com
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#2JonWood007Posted 2/15/2013 10:22:26 AM
Please stop using natural disasters to push your warped view of God's judgment. kthxbi.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#3TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/15/2013 10:23:41 AM
Wait, THIS was what "signs in the sky" meant? I saw an owl a week ago, I figured it was that
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#4kts123Posted 2/15/2013 10:25:16 AM
Was it a barn owl?

Those things are so cool. I want one as a pet. I bet it'd make a great guard owl too. Anyone who broke into a house and saw a barn owl checking them out would probably panic and leave.
#5mercurydudePosted 2/15/2013 10:42:16 AM
If this was one of your Lord's "signs," then he's being really underwhelming, because there was one much worse than this that hit there over a century ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
---
"I am going to light a fire in Paradise and pour water on Hell, so that both veils completely vanish." - Rabia Al-'Adawiyya
#6LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:04:44 AM
People are becoming their own gods... Give credit to anything except God.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#7LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:13:31 AM
What is really sad in the book of Revelation that even once people realize there is God, instead of repenting many will be bitter with The Lord.
---
#8ravenomoarPosted 2/15/2013 12:41:43 PM
LastManStanding posted...
People are becoming their own gods... Give credit to anything except God.

Things naturally occurring in the universe are not attributed to any gods. Stars die, this has been observed and proven. Meteors explode it is observed and proven. Suggesting that some fairy god is in the sky throwing iron rocks like an angry little boy just makes you look foolish. Is that what you believe?
#9LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:16:30 PM
Everything is a grace of God.
What is interesting about this Meteorite is that if it would not break, lots of people would have died, maybe the whole town.
Second, the world was expecting the one at 1:35pm waiting and watching, while this one came unexpected, and no one knew.
So yeah, be vigilant.
---
#10ravenomoarPosted 2/15/2013 1:32:24 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Everything is a grace of God.
What is interesting about this Meteorite is that if it would not break, lots of people would have died, maybe the whole town.
Second, the world was expecting the one at 1:35pm waiting and watching, while this one came unexpected, and no one knew.
So yeah, be vigilant.

Its not coincidence its science. This occurs almost every year and its called the Earth's atmosphere which burns up asteroids before they reach the surface. Asteroids of such small size are difficult to detect. Here I have a nice link for you go learn something:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroidwatch/fastfacts.cfm