This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is heaven so beautiful?

#1ravenomoarPosted 2/15/2013 1:16:26 PM
I have watched quite a handful of religious documentaries and most religious people seem to think heaven is so beautiful it is like paved with gold quoting one person. Is this really what people consider beautiful?

What I consider beautiful? Nature. I can't think of enough adjectives to describe nature. The animals, the landscapes the foliage trees. The Grand canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone. Tigers in the wild. Various species and the complexity of life. Is all beautiful to me. I can't imagine streets paved with gold as being beautiful. What is it about gold statues, gold cups, and heaven paved with streets of gold that is appealing to people?

I welcome people of all faiths/non faiths to respond. Trying not to bash anyone as I respect all opinions.
#2IamvegitoPosted 2/15/2013 1:24:20 PM
Literally no one knows anything about the afterlife, or even if there is one.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#3ThuggernautzPosted 2/15/2013 1:26:40 PM
Ask the pope, he has a lot of gold.
#4FarlanderPosted 2/15/2013 1:34:59 PM
The reference to streets paved with gold comes from the Book of Revelation.

But heaven will be so beautiful because in heaven you see God, the very source of all beauty.
#5LastManStandingPosted 2/15/2013 1:44:13 PM
God is Almighty, and there is nothing impossible. He wants to share His happiness so it will be glorious.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#6TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/15/2013 1:52:43 PM(edited)
Well youre in luck TC, because the actual final destination for humans is a new, nature-filled earth :D

Which will, admittedly, have cities and places of human residence which may or may not literally be paved with gold. The point there is that the things that are so precious in this life (gold, money) will be worth so little in the afterlife that they will be something we walk upon without a thought. That is the message. Not beauty.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#7ravenomoar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:51:36 PM
LastManStanding posted...
God is Almighty, and there is nothing impossible. He wants to share His happiness so it will be glorious.

So to sum up what you said. You don't know, just like everyone else. But then, what if people are already happy? Are there higher degrees of happiness? What can you offer the person that is perfectly happy with their existence?
#8FlashOfLightPosted 2/15/2013 2:35:13 PM
ravenomoar posted...

So to sum up what you said. You don't know, just like everyone else. But then, what if people are already happy? Are there higher degrees of happiness? What can you offer the person that is perfectly happy with their existence?

As I recently said in another similar topic, heaven is not about happiness, it's about knowing God.
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#9TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/15/2013 2:36:01 PM
ravenomoar posted...
LastManStanding posted...

Interested in hearing your thoughts on my post, TC
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#10FlashOfLightPosted 2/15/2013 2:54:52 PM
One of the most important things not to be taken for granted, is the immortality God promises, the release of the burdens of life caused by a constantly deteriorating body, and the accumulation of years of labors, the removal of pains, and sufferings, and blindness, and disease, and fragility -

Phil. 3:20-21

"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself."

Here is that point being made - 2Esdras 7:49-53

"For what profit is it unto us, if there be promised us an immortal time, whereas we have done the works that bring death?
And that there is promised us an everlasting hope, whereas ourselves being most wicked are made vain?

And that there are laid up for us dwellings of health and safety, whereas we have lived wickedly?
And that the glory of the most High is kept to defend them which have led a wary life, whereas we have walked in the most wicked ways of all?

And that there should be shewed a paradise, whose fruit endureth for ever, wherein is security and medicine, since we shall not enter into it?"

Psalms 67:1-2

"God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.
That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations."

And here is Revelation confirming that ->

Rev 22:2 and Rev 21:4

"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!