This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Atheism is a religion - it is a belief that God does not exist.

#21almasbabyPosted 2/15/2013 7:58:53 PM
JonWood007 posted...
Off is a TV channel too!

Off is the absence of a TV channel. This is easily proved since in order for there to be a channel you have to be watching something on it. Granted, you can watch a blank screen, but this isn't akin to saying I'm watching nothing on the off channel. You're simply watching nothing.
#22JonWood007Posted 2/15/2013 8:01:26 PM
almasbaby posted...
JonWood007 posted...
Off is a TV channel too!

Off is the absence of a TV channel. This is easily proved since in order for there to be a channel you have to be watching something on it. Granted, you can watch a blank screen, but this isn't akin to saying I'm watching nothing on the off channel. You're simply watching nothing.

Not sure if you understand what I'm getting at or totally missed the point.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#23LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:05:12 PM(edited)
Atheists are their own gods. Look at it. I tell you something about God, by your own authority you disprove it. What you think at any point matters most. You want people to worship you, satisfy your desire for proof, which with premeditation you already rejected. You sit ont the throne, of your life. You are your own gods.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#24ravenomoarPosted 2/15/2013 8:17:50 PM
Wrong it is not a religion. And your topic title is also wrong and ignorant. It is a lack of belief by lack of evidence. No evidence no belief. Atheist don't deny that god exists. They deny god exists based on the lack of evidence.

So until you can prove it. He does not exist. Your feel good stories and miracles are not evidence of anything. Your quotes from the bible are not evidence of anything. Circular evidence is not evidence. All religions can provide circular evidence.
#25roduPosted 2/15/2013 8:18:11 PM
rodu posted...
LMS, what is it called when someone has no religion and does not believe in a god?
#26LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:21:59 PM
ravenomoar posted...
Wrong it is not a religion. And your topic title is also wrong and ignorant. It is a lack of belief by lack of evidence. No evidence no belief. Atheist don't deny that god exists. They deny god exists based on the lack of evidence.

So until you can prove it. He does not exist. Your feel good stories and miracles are not evidence of anything. Your quotes from the bible are not evidence of anything. Circular evidence is not evidence. All religions can provide circular evidence.

What you are expecting to see?
Let's hear what you are looking for.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#27LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:25:39 PM
rodu posted...
rodu posted...
LMS, what is it called when someone has no religion and does not believe in a god?

Everyone has a religion.
---
#28TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/15/2013 8:26:43 PM
LastManStanding posted...
rodu posted...
rodu posted...

Everyone has a religion.

You dont know what "religion" means, do you?
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#29DagorhaPosted 2/15/2013 8:44:19 PM
This topic is stupid and now about the great Gravelord Nito. The question that always pops in my mind is his title of "first of the dead"

Did they mean he was the first person/thing to die or was he the first to be risen from the dead?
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#30AynRandySavagePosted 2/15/2013 8:45:25 PM
ravenomoar posted...

So until you can prove it. He does not exist.

That's actually really short-sighted. Do you honestly thing that nothing can be justifiably believed unless there's evidence for it?