This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Atheism is a religion - it is a belief that God does not exist.

#41LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:03:13 PM
SpawnShadow posted...
LastManStanding posted...
Look at the love of God, sending His own Son, so He will die for us. How much He loves us to allow for such sacrifice. God that dies for us. Such love, such goodness, such mercy.

You show me what you call a Messiah, I show you what I call "some dude who got nailed to a cross". Just because you believe, doesn't mean that everyone is publicly denying that they believe in what you believe despite secretly believing every word of it. They might just simply not believe. Did you not think that was a possibility?

Christ warned about this. One instance comes to mind, when you go to a town that you are not welcomed.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#42PatriotwolfPosted 2/15/2013 10:07:49 PM
To 500!
---
"You're just one big headache, and I got a pistol full of aspirin"
"Who cares if you screw others?"-1337toothbrush
#43JonWood007Posted 2/15/2013 10:11:41 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
ravenomoar posted...

So until you can prove it. He does not exist.

ITP: Humans made the earth round by proving that it was

Um idk if you're intentionally being facetious here, but if you can't prove it at least to a degree, you might as well say he doesn't exist in the same way we say bigfoot doesn't exist. God as a general concept is nonfalsifiable, but that doesn't mean we should believe it.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#44LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:15:23 PM(edited)
Just learned something, I don't think it came across to me before. By Adam we died, by Christ we were saved. One destroyed while the other (Christ) saved from the death.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#45LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:24:03 PM
The consequence of the original sin, put us under the influence of the Devil. The sin itself is wiped away by Baptism, but the consequence remains.
---
#46LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:27:26 PM
What is great, is that God promised a triumph over the devil, so by believing in God you are in a victorious camp, if you like war stories.
---
#47LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:51:20 PM
Trust your former atheist sister:

Jennifer Fulwiler is a writer from Austin, Texas who converted to Catholicism after a life of atheism.

How the Search for Truth Led Me from Atheism to Catholicism

One thing I could never get on the same page with my fellow atheists about was the idea of meaning. The other atheists I knew seemed to feel like life was full of purpose despite the fact that we're all nothing more than chemical reactions. I could never get there. In fact, I thought that whole line of thinking was unscientific, and more than a little intellectually dishonest. If everything that we call heroism and glory, and all the significance of all great human achievements, can be reduced to some neurons firing in the human brain, then it's all destined to be extinguished at death. And considering that the entire span of homo sapiens' existence on earth wouldn't even amount to a blip on the radar screen of a 5-billion-year-old universe, it seemed silly to pretend like the 60-odd-year life of some random organism on one of trillions of planets was something special. (I was a blast at parties.)
---
#48JonWood007Posted 2/15/2013 11:54:56 PM
Just because some people can't wrap their puny minds around their own insignificance in a cosmic sense does not make it any less true.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#49LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:57:33 PM
This is such a great story of son of two atheists converting to Catholicism.
http://whyimcatholic.com/index.php/conversion-stories/atheist-converts/item/96-atheist-convert-rj-stove

Great final quote.
What detours I might have been spared, had someone spelt these things out to me.
---
#50Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/16/2013 1:05:08 AM(edited)
LastManStanding posted...
Trust your former atheist sister:

Jennifer Fulwiler is a writer from Austin, Texas who converted to Catholicism after a life of atheism.

How the Search for Truth Led Me from Atheism to Catholicism

One thing I could never get on the same page with my fellow atheists about was the idea of meaning. The other atheists I knew seemed to feel like life was full of purpose despite the fact that we're all nothing more than chemical reactions. I could never get there. In fact, I thought that whole line of thinking was unscientific, and more than a little intellectually dishonest. If everything that we call heroism and glory, and all the significance of all great human achievements, can be reduced to some neurons firing in the human brain, then it's all destined to be extinguished at death. And considering that the entire span of homo sapiens' existence on earth wouldn't even amount to a blip on the radar screen of a 5-billion-year-old universe, it seemed silly to pretend like the 60-odd-year life of some random organism on one of trillions of planets was something special. (I was a blast at parties.)

Why don't you just do us a favor and instead of bothering with the content of your posts, just put links to Wikipedia's page on the relevant logical fallacy instead?