This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People who write in books

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. People who write in books

User Info: TheRealJiraiya

TheRealJiraiya
3 years ago#1
Aight, lots of my friends make notes and marks on their Bibles

This is something I could never do. The idea of having writing on a book just drives me nuts.

Who here does/decidedly does not write in books?
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
3 years ago#2
I absolutely do not write in books.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 years ago#3
I'd never do it on a bible, but we have a lot of different books, most with wide margins for the explicit purpose of writing stuff down.
But in a bible? Ew
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.

User Info: Lord_Ichmael

Lord_Ichmael
3 years ago#4
I don't write in books either. But this seems to be only loosely related to religion.

User Info: TheRealJiraiya

TheRealJiraiya
3 years ago#5
Lord_Ichmael posted...
I don't write in books either. But this seems to be only loosely related to religion.

The thought was sparked by Bibles, but I wanted to make it more broad so non-Christians could participate
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt

User Info: AynRandySavage

AynRandySavage
3 years ago#6
I love writing in textbooks. And I love buying textbooks with notes already in them.

User Info: mercurydude

mercurydude
3 years ago#7
I never ever, ever write in books. If I ever got the urge, I'd just write myself a note and stick it in the relevant page. I had one literature professor who swore by writing in them, saying that it helped you to remember certain passages and such, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I hate buying used books from book sales and seeing a lot of notes and highlighting in there.

And to make this post somewhat relevant to this board, my attitude seems to run in the family, because I own my great grandfather's Bibles and he stuck letters and note cards in there, but never wrote in the text itself. :)
"I am going to light a fire in Paradise and pour water on Hell, so that both veils completely vanish." - Rabia Al-'Adawiyya

User Info: CuddleWithClaws

CuddleWithClaws
3 years ago#8
If it's a book that I need to annotate or condense parts of, I keep a booklet of sticky notes on hand.
It's easy to claim that a thing is self-evident when you've already convinced yourself that it is.

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
3 years ago#9
I dont like to write on books. I kinda feel like I'm ruining them by doing so.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
3 years ago#10
I typically don't write in books. It's probably equal parts reverence for the book and not being a note taking type of person.

I will say though, I've had some great times reading fiction that someone else has written in.
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. People who write in books

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived