This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honest question for Christians

#31EmbraceChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:06:29 AM
fudrick posted...
EmbraceChaos posted...
Well, yes, but it makes you worse than Hitler. Literally.

Great, rational argument.

Well, rationally, you've doomed yourself since you're not Christian. Worse, you doomed billions of others just for not being Christian.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#32fudrickPosted 2/17/2013 4:11:41 AM
EmbraceChaos posted...
Well, rationally, you've doomed yourself since you're not Christian. Worse, you doomed billions of others just for not being Christian.

Well, at least I appreciate your being upfront with the fact that you either can't or haven't actually read what I have posted
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#33FlashOfLightPosted 2/17/2013 4:15:59 AM
EmbraceChaos posted...

Why have an armageddon at all then? That flummox's the entire point.

The reason why it has to happen at all, as God explains, is because of man's hard headedness. This stubborness, will have an end, and end of Christ's patience. The old world, that got completely destroyed by a flood, did not meet that end result until the complete dismissal of righteousness and any pity from out of the earth, when people came to the absolute point of corruption, hatred, bigotry, shedding of blood, and perversity. That is why, likewise, God said at least 400 years before it happened, that Egypt would not be judged until their wickedness was fulfilled.

God can let evil reign on rampant for so long, but only to an excessive point where not even those who are strong have a defence against every imaginable filth that is going on in a land.

The same will be with Armageddon, God will not bring the destruction of this world, until man has completely rid himself of any respect left for the most High, and by lack of believing or acknowleding him, going on to justify themselves in murder, sacrficing their children, destroying their families, tormenting their own spouses flesh, and exceeding sexual corruption without limitations, as also they did in the old world.
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!
#34IamvegitoPosted 2/17/2013 7:14:12 AM
Well, if you weren't so confrontational in the first post, I'd be willing to answer you with more than "no."
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#35SirThinkALotPosted 2/17/2013 7:17:45 AM
EmbraceChaos posted...
Do you want all the Jews to be slaughtered in the holy land so that Jesus comes back during armageddon while all non-Christians are doomed to a horrible fate?

No.

Don't pretend it isn't in your so-called holy book.

I dont have to pretend. Theres no reference to all the Jews needing to be slaughtered before Jesus returns. And the only reference to Armageddon is from Revelation, which is not meant literally. Period.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#36SirThinkALotPosted 2/17/2013 7:23:18 AM
EmbraceChaos posted...

There is a myriad of sources within the wiki article. Nobody has challenged me because it is in the holy book of several of the denominations such as Protestantism and Mormonism.

Can you give a reference thats not from Revelation or one of the so-called 'mini-apocalypses'?

Isn't there interpretation no more or less valid than yours?

No it isnt. Not unless you can give good reasons to accept their interpretation.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#37Hustle KongPosted 2/17/2013 7:49:25 AM
Well, at the very least, I hope this shows exactly what the consequences of a religious belief system is.

I think it shows exactly the dangers of the effects of lead poisoning.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#38OrangeWizardPosted 2/17/2013 8:41:14 AM
I believe I made myself clear enough. Haven't you wondered just why Christians were so hated in Israel,

No, no you haven't, and no, no I haven't, because I didn't know that Christians were hated in Israel.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#39Wandering__HeroPosted 2/17/2013 8:42:29 AM
ITT: You find out not every Christian is the same or has the same interperatation. In fact the crazy the interperatation the LESS likely it is to be popular and mainstream
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#40OrangeWizardPosted 2/17/2013 8:45:01 AM
Nobody has challenged me because it is in the holy book of several of the denominations

I challenged you when I tried to narrow down what this "holy book" actually is and you said, "Some christian texts" and then "I made myself clear enough".

So, I challenge you again, Cite a source.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.