This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honest question for Christians

#71TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/17/2013 12:58:07 PM
EmbraceChaos posted...
The problem is, is that it was never just 'a few fanatics'. Several Christian groups go to Israel monthly to help make it a Jewish only state because they believe the second coming will happen this way.

Also, I can't really agree with you at all. I've noticed many people believe it's part of their identity and that they're following a higher purpose but the idea that it's so black and white just feels like a story to teach people to be naive to be manipulated into horrific acts. Such as tricking generations of people into the Iraq war and Vietnam. Or most horrifically, Rwanda.

Although, it's a problem of all religions and not one in particular. Just pointing out where I've seen Christian war propaganda take hold to deceive people.

I dont believe it is black-and-white, but I believe it will be when Revelation stuff happens.

Religiously motivated Zionists are idiots with no Biblical justification whatsoever. What kind of a moron thinks they can force God to do something a second earlier or later than he plans to do it?
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#72TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/17/2013 12:59:58 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
But what made you think it was a good idea to accuse ALL Christians of believing in/making Israel a Jewish-only state?

Yeah, his initial post was really ridiculous in light of what he has been posting since
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#73fudrickPosted 2/17/2013 1:32:01 PM
I want TC to be slaughtered in the holy land ASAP
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#74Faust_8Posted 2/17/2013 4:39:45 PM
EmbraceChaos posted...
Faust_8 posted...
I think we can officially label this a troll topic now.

Either that or he's the most insufferable angstheist I've come across in a long while and is equally undeserving of our attention.

That's nice. Answer the question. That's all I ever asked.

I'm not a Christian or a theist. Why should I?

Just because I'm not a Christian doesn't mean I can't see that you're being a pushy, obnoxious tool about making your point...that you also refuse to back up with evidence.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#75SirThinkALotPosted 2/17/2013 5:44:35 PM
EmbraceChaos posted...
SirThinkALot posted...
EmbraceChaos posted...
Let's face it, you all don't want to answer the question and choose instead to insult me because it's easier for you instead of taking the question seriously because it exposes how horrible the faith is.

Except that I did answer the question. Now answer mine: can you give a reference for these teachings that isnt from Revelation?

Oh, sorry. Missed your post. Anyway, no, but that doesn't change the fact hundreds of Christian special interest groups do take it literally and actively hope it happens. You can't just ignore the literal interpretation when groups of Christians are actively trying to make it happen. I've already provided the link so that you can read through it too.

Hundreds of groups? I'm aware of a few, but where do you get 'hundreds' from?

And I absolutely can(indeed I should) ignore the literal interpertation unless there is a good reason for accepting it...
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#76zero8691Posted 2/18/2013 2:02:27 PM
EmbraceChaos posted...
Do you want all the Jews to be slaughtered in the holy land so that Jesus comes back during armageddon while all non-Christians are doomed to a horrible fate? Don't pretend it isn't in your so-called holy book.

No I don;t want them all slaughtered/Armageddon to happen. Here's a good reason Why Woe to you who long for the day of the LORD! Why do you long for the day of the LORD? That day will be darkness, not light. Also, Where does it say that? I think the non-christians are doomed is, But I dont want it to happen >_>
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#77zero8691Posted 2/18/2013 2:09:01 PM
I'm looking for it, And I honestly can't find it. Any help, TC where you read this?
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#78NoTitleRequiredPosted 2/20/2013 5:37:06 AM
EmbraceChaos posted...
The problem is, is that it was never just 'a few fanatics'. Several Christian groups go to Israel monthly to help make it a Jewish only state because they believe the second coming will happen this way.

who gives a ****

they're heretics and believe unChristian doctrines, what's new?
---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg