This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And now, time for an Atheist Haiku

#1wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/18/2013 1:23:45 AM
more than one, because I like provoking discussion on things that we cannot nail down 100% concrete. Seen and unseen, etc, etc, etc.

Love is NOT God's gift
It's a gift from my wife and son
God belittles that

There is evidence
For all beliefs....if there's not
it's superstition

My resolution
Is "respect people" but their
Beliefs must work for it

Man came from monkeys?!?
Dumb question. Man didn't, but...
Neither did monkeys.

I like that, very good!

Nation under god?
Thatís news to the Indians and
And founding fathers

Sex? Don't feel guilty
If your actions harm no one
It's your choice, not God's

Now let's discuss rationality vs. Angry man in the sky who made Sin and the Devil, but still shakes his fist in rage whenever I sin. But never smiles when I bring a homeless cat a dish of food.
---
Im for the revocation of the 2nd Amendment; guns have no place in society anymore, especially not assault weapons. The police can protect citizens.
#2Moorish_IdolPosted 2/18/2013 1:28:46 AM(edited)
Nooo. It's a gift from my wife and son = eight syllables. </nerdrage>

Edit:

Also Thatís news to the Indians and

Why you do this.
#3wolf_blitzer85(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:39:26 AM(edited)
Moorish_Idol posted...
Nooo. It's a gift from my wife and son = eight syllables. </nerdrage>

Edit:

Also Thatís news to the Indians and

Why you do this.

blame this fellow (copypasta'd it):
http://www.atheistevolution.blogspot.com/search/label/Atheist%20Haiku%20of%20the%20Month

And it was Muslims and I changed it to Indians. (There were no Muslims when the country was founded; that haiku was not relevant considering the timeline.)

one moar--

We laughed ítil we hurt,
for weíd stumbled upon, a
universal truth.

That truth is NOT 'God', atleast not god in the sense of western claptrap religion!!!
pffffft this silly notion of Abrahamic god religions. As if god only came to the people of the Middle East.

Civilization was nearly present in the Indus River valley the same time it sprang up in the Middle East. This is the one lie that scientists don't want you to know...that despite all the fossil evidence, humans did not come from a single place and migrate outward. They were already in the India subcontinent.

Strange how god decides to deliver his message to the Jews, Christians, and Muslims but leaves out the Indians and Chinese from that equation.
And let's not forget the American Indians. Sheesh, god definitely doesn't like people unless they are Middle Eastern.
lol. Religion. What. a. Farce.
#4SuibomPosted 2/18/2013 4:09:03 AM
Atheists can't find
God, like a criminal can't
Find a police man

To believe that nothing
Made everything requires faith.
More than I possess.

---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#5bratt100Posted 2/18/2013 4:12:07 AM
*throws virtual particles at him and walks away* it doesn't really require faith, just actual evidence, of which we have. Hurray for science.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#6SuibomPosted 2/18/2013 4:21:27 AM(edited)
It still requires faith.
Virtual particles can't
Exist without space/time.

---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
#7Hustle KongPosted 2/18/2013 5:54:45 AM
I dislike enough when "haiku" is made completely meaningless by stringing a bunch together to tell some larger story. The brevity is pretty much the main point.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#8almasbabyPosted 2/18/2013 9:37:56 AM
Your first haiku is invalid.
#9Faust_8Posted 2/18/2013 10:44:58 AM
I really hope Suibom doesn't really think that anyone thinks the universe came from nothing.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#10SuibomPosted 2/18/2013 11:30:24 AM
Have you recently moved your goal posts? Maybe you could better explain your beliefs on the origin of the Universe so I can fine tune my haiku.
---