This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And now, time for an Atheist Haiku

#21SilviiroPosted 2/18/2013 4:30:40 PM(edited)
Your last line is 6 syllables, is it not?

Indeed. That should be "I'm an atheist". I keep counting liaison then remembering English doesn't have it.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#22halo07guyPosted 2/18/2013 4:33:51 PM
WelshGamer82 posted...
I am a haiku
I do not believe in god
I am an atheist

Your last line is 6 syllables, is it not?

Shamefur Dispray, Silviiro-san! Commit sudoku!
#23SilviiroPosted 2/18/2013 4:40:35 PM(edited)
^Watashi wa baka de arimasu.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#24SuibomPosted 2/18/2013 4:40:35 PM
halo07guy posted...

Shamefur Dispray, Silviiro-san! Commit sudoku!

Heh heh
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#25Faust_8Posted 2/18/2013 8:19:35 PM
Suibom posted...
Have you recently moved your goal posts? Maybe you could better explain your beliefs on the origin of the Universe so I can fine tune my haiku.

I'd be willing to bet $1000 that at least one other person has attempted to explain this to you before.

The problem is your derision for atheists is a lot easier to hold if you only believe in strawman arguments, so you either ignored or forgot it.

I have never once believed or said that the universe arose from "nothing" so it is impossible for my goal posts to have shifted from that. Not only that, but I have yet to meet any atheist who has even a basic knowledge of the Big Bang who believes that either, which is why I'm so damn sure you've been corrected on this before. No regular atheist poster on this board thinks that, from my experience. I even feel like I can remember a lengthy discussion on this topic explaining that TO YOU, from several atheist posters.

I mean, seriously, anyone who spends 5 minutes on google or wikipedia reading about the Big Bang wouldn't say it was from "nothing." The entire "came from nothing" thought exists purely as a theist misrepresentation/strawman to make theism look good.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#26darklaoPosted 2/18/2013 11:46:27 PM
algebraically
we can leave the x alone
til it can be solved
---
[agitprop]
come and play come and play forget about the movement
#27darklaoPosted 2/18/2013 11:51:54 PM
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
and humans among the stars
I'd go gay for that
---
[agitprop]
#28darklaoPosted 2/18/2013 11:58:50 PM
I don't need a God
to make me work hard, be good
got a wife for that
---
[agitprop]
#29Magyar15Posted 2/19/2013 12:37:04 AM(edited)
There are some haikus
That have very bad grammar
Which makes me quite sad
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust