This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mississippi bil could aallow prayer in school

#1mystic belmontPosted 2/18/2013 11:38:04 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/17/mississippi-bills-could-lead-prayer-schools/

Can't wait till the school leads kids into praying for Allah, or for Satan.

I mean, the kids can pray, or not.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#2LastManStandingPosted 2/18/2013 11:44:23 AM
Awesome, bring God back in schools.I hope in Christ other schools will follow.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#3OrangeWizardPosted 2/18/2013 11:48:02 AM
I thought that prayer was already allowed in school.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#4SuibomPosted 2/18/2013 11:48:05 AM
Ewww Mississippi, get your grubby politics out of my religion.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#5kozlo100Posted 2/18/2013 11:48:20 AM
Is there a link to the actual bill anywhere? The article is a little unclear of exactly what kind of 'allow prayer in school' they're addressing.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#6AynRandySavagePosted 2/18/2013 12:07:10 PM
If its individual prayer by students, then it's already protected by the Constitution
if its school-promoted prayer, then it's already prohibited by the Consitution
#7JonWood007Posted 2/18/2013 1:30:46 PM
Sounds redundant. I wasnt aware kids COULDNT pray in schools, just that it couldn't be an official part of the school day or curriculum or something like that.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#8zero8691Posted 2/18/2013 2:32:12 PM
mystic belmont posted...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/17/mississippi-bills-could-lead-prayer-schools/

Can't wait till the school leads kids into praying for Allah, or for Satan.

I mean, the kids can pray, or not.

I hate this, I want separation of church and state. I hate how these Christians claim to follow the same religion as me, trying to represent me ect. I'm willing to bet those people who want this bill also want to cut welfare and make abortion illegal even if a girl is raped by her dad.
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#9electricgodPosted 2/18/2013 2:48:35 PM
AynRandySavage posted...
If its individual prayer by students, then it's already protected by the Constitution
if its school-promoted prayer, then it's already prohibited by the Consitution
#10mercurydudePosted 2/18/2013 3:09:10 PM
Supporters of a Mississippi bill that would legalize school prayer say the measure would ensure religious liberty.

Well, it would definitely ensure it for them, just not everyone else.

I knew a girl who used to pray in every class after the teacher's lesson was over. I'm tired of these theocrats trying to find ways to reintroduce forced prayer back into public schools. It isn't a public school teacher's job to teach Sunday school lessons.

Republican Rep. Mark Formby said that even though religious liberty is guaranteed under the Constitution, schools ... are suppressing students from writing or talking about their faith in any context, the AP reports.

I'm guessing that a little bird told him that, because I doubt that he could produce the slightest shred of evidence to back up that statement.
---
"I am going to light a fire in Paradise and pour water on Hell, so that both veils completely vanish." - Rabia Al-'Adawiyya