This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does an omniscient God know he's omniscient?

#1DarkContractorPosted 2/19/2013 7:55:44 AM
God is here defined as any religious deity who claims omniscience. If you're going to argue "Well no because God is defined as omniscience and you're changing it up" then by all means change the question to "How does God know he's God?"

Anyways, omniscience requires the knowledge of everything. Ever. If an omniscient God exists, he is to us, with either 0 or minimal non-conclusive evidence, depending on your religion. So naturally, an omniscient mind is going to contain a practically field mind of claims of beings above him. How does God know that a deity doesn't reside above him the way he resides above us? Any "thats impossible" type claims are about as effective as me saying "thats impossible" about a deity residing above us.

Now here's the thing, knowledge of these theoratical claims invite other knowledges. Does God know these guys exist? for him, the intellectually honest position is agnostic atheism. In fact, it's completely unscientific to say you cannot find something you don't know. How does he know that?

Now the thing is, God would have to be aware of this logic, and unless someone can offer a disproof of it, I think when he made the claim of omniscience he showed himself to be a trickster God.

Possible rebuttals, "God's just omniscient of the universe"

then why does he claim to be all knowing? Not all universe knowing? Shifting the goal posts.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#2LastManStandingPosted 2/19/2013 8:09:42 AM
God is all knowing and almighty.
Universe is just a drop in a banker for The Lord.
Realizing that so excited for heaven to be part of God's plan for those who accept His mercy.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#3LastManStandingPosted 2/19/2013 8:27:01 AM
By the way Dark when you repent one day don't go to any human alternation churches. Go to Church who is the Body of Christ. So you can grow your faith. Get all seven sacraments. If your Baptism was not valid this baptism will wash away your sin. You will hit the ground running.
When Holy Spirit will work through you, you will not recognize yourself.
Peace bro.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#4DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:49:18 AM
By the way Dark when you repent one day don't go to any human alternation churches. Go to Church who is the Body of Christ. So you can grow your faith. Get all seven sacraments. If your Baptism was not valid this baptism will wash away your sin. You will hit the ground running.
When Holy Spirit will work through you, you will not recognize yourself.
Peace bro.

lol
---
#5TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/19/2013 8:51:03 AM
Dont listen to LMS, TC. When you repent you should go to whichever Christian Church you feel most comfortable at
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#6DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:53:24 AM
Dont listen to LMS, TC. When you repent you should go to whichever Christian Church you feel most comfortable at

lol
---
#7OrangeWizardPosted 2/19/2013 8:54:35 AM
then by all means change the question to "How does God know he's God?"

The answer to this question is irrelevant to whether or not God is defined as being omniscient.

Anyways, omniscience requires the knowledge of everything. Ever.

So naturally, an omniscient mind is going to contain a practically field mind of claims of beings above him

A field mind? Do you mean a mine field?

And I don't see how this follows. Who says there are beings above him? What if there aren't?

How does God know that a deity doesn't reside above him the way he resides above us?

Because omniscience. Duh. If they existed, he'd know about it, because that's what omniscience means.
You aren't just omniscient concerning things below you.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#8DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:55:40 AM
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

lol
---
#9TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/19/2013 8:56:47 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
then by all means change the question to "How does God know he's God?"

The answer to this question is irrelevant to whether or not God is defined as being omniscient.

Anyways, omniscience requires the knowledge of everything. Ever.

So naturally, an omniscient mind is going to contain a practically field mind of claims of beings above him

A field mind? Do you mean a mine field?

And I don't see how this follows. Who says there are beings above him? What if there aren't?

How does God know that a deity doesn't reside above him the way he resides above us?

Because omniscience. Duh. If they existed, he'd know about it, because that's what omniscience means.
You aren't just omniscient concerning things below you.

Good points, OW. Im quoting you because I felt the TC should see your points, apparently he has you on ignore.

When he repents he will probably feel quite silly about this whole ordeal
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#10LastManStandingPosted 2/19/2013 8:57:33 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...

Yeah let him make the same mistake over and over. No thank you.
---