The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God's a jew. God's a christian. God's a muslim. God's a mormon. God's a...

#1wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/20/2013 11:45:43 PM
For a God that has things planned out, He certainly has a damn tough time making important decisions.

FACT: Hinduism has existed longer than Judaism.
FACT: Buddhism had no contact with Jews, but has many elements of Judaism and Buddha is sometimes considered an 'Eastern Jesus'.
FACT: The Egyptian pyramids were constructed by humans, without any help from anyone not of this planet, but resemble temples built in South America and Southeast Asia about the same time, or just a few hundred years later.

It's obvious that "God's plan" is something beyond our comprehension, and there are thousands of coincidences in science, literature, music, and art that in no way/shape/form can be explained as "random". They are purposely built-in coincidences by a higher level of intelligence than our own.

/checkmate Atheists

With the above facts collected, obviously there is some sort of 'god' or god force at work.

Question is, what religion does He want us to follow? Or maybe no religion at all? Is god a male, maybe god is female or both or neither? What if God didn't write any holy book and all the inspirations of the holy books have been bastardized by humans to reflect their biases? <----I very often reflect on this question

Discuss.
---
Im for the revocation of the 2nd Amendment; guns have no place in society anymore, especially not assault weapons. The police can protect citizens.
#2Polish_CrusaderPosted 2/20/2013 11:57:59 PM
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
For a God that has things planned out, He certainly has a damn tough time making important decisions.

Response: That means absolutely nothing to the validity of what god is or what he wants us to follow.

FACT: Buddhism had no contact with Jews, but has many elements of Judaism and Buddha is sometimes considered an 'Eastern Jesus'.

Response: Did Buddha rise from the dead? Did buddha perform miracles? Both are no, so he is not even close to a comparison to Jesus. Secondly, many religions and beliefs have elements of each other. Means absolutely nothing to the validity of either.

FACT: The Egyptian pyramids were constructed by humans, without any help from anyone not of this planet, but resemble temples built in South America and Southeast Asia about the same time, or just a few hundred years later.

Response: Fact: the entire idea of a wide base and a smaller top is a very common architectural pattern throughout history. DId you consider maybe because this is out of convenience? How do you expect them to build all their buldings- just a bunch of squares? I dont see where this 3rd point is getting at as far as god is concerned.

It's obvious that "God's plan" is something beyond our comprehension, and there are thousands of coincidences in science, literature, music, and art that in no way/shape/form can be explained as "random". They are purposely built-in coincidences by a higher level of intelligence than our own.

/checkmate Atheists

With the above facts collected, obviously there is some sort of 'god' or god force at work.

Question is, what religion does He want us to follow? Or maybe no religion at all? Is god a male, maybe god is female or both or neither? What if God didn't write any holy book and all the inspirations of the holy books have been bastardized by humans to reflect their biases? <----I very often reflect on this question

Response: You are trying to put human attributes to God, which is a common mistake. There is no male/female in heaven. That would not make sense. Why would there need to be reproductive organs in heaven when the reproduction of the race goes on down here on earth? The Lord tells us in the bible that we all have the same "countenance" in heaven. Aka- we all look physically similar in the afterlife (whether in heaven or hell). Keep in mind the difference between similar and identical. Most people will not make it to heaven, simply from disobedience, its not my words, its his. If God did not give us a source (holy book) of his will, then how would we know to follow him? This is non directly explained in the old testament- God just directly spoke verbally to the early peoples/ priests, simply because there was no template to work off of until the early scriptures (torah) was created. God does not want us to be babies. God wants us to be spiritually independent. God gave us the bible to seek him out and follow him.

Discuss.

-I respond to your post within the quotes, because i could not find any way to separate the two.

-A short answer to your entire topic is that you will find all of the answers to your questions in the bible. You make wide bland generalizations based on grouping all religions into one instead of analyzing each one to see the validity (very common among non believers on this board). Its like me saying i refuse to drive a car simply because all cars break down at some point. Well thats incredibly foolish because some break down from 1 year, some break down after 20 or 30 years. I still need a car, so why not analyze to find the best one? Thats the best human example i can come up with, because God (the real God) never breaks down. Only humans break down.

Know Jesus, Know peace.
#3OrangeWizardPosted 2/21/2013 12:04:12 AM
What, are you suggesting that God told people all over the world to build pyramids, and that this somehow proves God's plan?

Seek professional help, TC.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#4GBALoserPosted 2/21/2013 4:43:28 AM(edited)
Suspecting trolololo, but I'll play.

And? Indus River cultures have existed longer than Hebrew/Jewish culture.

I thought in some circles Jesus was referred to as a 'Western Buddha' with the amount of similarities between his teachings and Buddhism

If by "a few hundred years" you mean "over one thousand years" then you'd be correct. Egypt started around 2500 BCE where as the oldest Mayan pyramids are dated at around 1000 BCE.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#5almasbabyPosted 2/21/2013 5:36:37 AM
I thought in some circles Jesus was referred to as a 'Western Buddha' with the amount of similarities between his teachings and Buddhism

Yeah, Buddha predates Jesus by about 500 years, and there's rumours that Jesus even visited India and got a lot of his ideas from there.
#6GBALoserPosted 2/21/2013 6:42:59 AM
almasbaby posted...

Yeah, Buddha predates Jesus by about 500 years, and there's rumours that Jesus even visited India and got a lot of his ideas from there.

Yeah, I've read a little on that speculation about that as well. I put it very much in the realm of plausibility given the complete dearth of information on Jesus between the ages of 12 and 30 (unless you include the Gnostic Gospels, which I'm still on the fence about regarding any degree of reliability). Also, some traditions have James moving to India after Jesus' death which really wouldn't make sense unless they had some sort of prior connection.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#7ThuggernautzPosted 2/21/2013 7:20:23 AM
wolf_blitzer85 posted...

FACT: Australian aboriginal gods and mythology has existed longer than all of that.
FACT: That's nice.
FACT: They don't resemble each other, were 1000s of years apart (seriously, the Mayans were not in the same ancient league as say the Sumerians, Indus Valley or Egyptian civilizations)

FACT: None of these indicate the presence of God. In each case you have a man made construct (religions, buildings) being used to argue for the existence of God. Weak. Seriously weak. You should be ashamed.
#8LastManStandingPosted 2/21/2013 7:45:11 AM
Let's take it very slowly.
No current religion is older than Noah as Flood wiped out life on Earth except Noah and his family.
God is neither male or female, God cannot be reduced gender for He is God. We are created in God's image.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#9GBALoserPosted 2/21/2013 7:50:54 AM
No current religion is older than Noah as Flood wiped out life on Earth except Noah and his family.

I don't think Noahism ever caught on...
---
#10LastManStandingPosted 2/21/2013 7:56:04 AM
GBALoser posted...

I don't think Noahism ever caught on...

I am establishing a timeline.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000