This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God's a jew. God's a christian. God's a muslim. God's a mormon. God's a...

#11IamvegitoPosted 2/21/2013 9:31:50 AM
Question is, what religion does He want us to follow?

I really don't think God cares. Process theology, pluralism, and all that other liberal stuff I spout all the time.
Or maybe no religion at all?

Also a valid choice.
Is god a male, maybe god is female or both or neither?

Depends on your interpretation of God. Shakti is a really good feminine depiction of Ultimate Reality. I lean towards neither, or both-and.
What if God didn't write any holy book and all the inspirations of the holy books have been bastardized by humans to reflect their biases?

Well, yeah. That's what did happen. "Inspired by" does not mean "was directly written by." Holy texts are all about the experiences that people had with the Divine, not the Divine writing an end-all, be-all statement on the universal condition.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#12LastManStandingPosted 2/21/2013 9:55:10 AM
The only name trough you can be saved is Jesus Christ
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#13IamvegitoPosted 2/21/2013 10:53:18 AM
What does it mean to be "saved?"
What does it mean to be "saved through a name?"
What does "by the name of" imply?
Why does that name include a title (Christ/ Messiah)?
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#14Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/21/2013 10:54:47 AM
Trolling both atheists and theists at once, nice.
#15LastManStandingPosted 2/21/2013 11:06:04 AM
Name Jesus stands for God Saves
Christ stands for Messiah
Kyrie stands for The Lord
To be saved means not dying in sin. You gain eternal life by believing Christ is the Messiah, Son of the Living God, He died and was buried, rose from the death after 3 days, assented into heaven, will come again in Glory to judge the living and the dead
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#16OzymandiasIVPosted 2/21/2013 11:45:23 AM
From: wolf_blitzer85 | Posted: 2/21/2013 2:45:43 AM | #001
and there are thousands of coincidences in science, literature, music, and art that in no way/shape/form can be explained as "random". They are purposely built-in coincidences by a higher level of intelligence than our own.

Many of these seemingly random coincidences likely can be explained, and many of them still are very likely to have been just that, completely random. Coincidences do exist.

And the pyramids aren't that big of a stretch. They're alike in basic shape only. It's very easy to understand that putting down one large layer, and then a slightly smaller, same-shaped layer on top of that one, and so on and so on, will make a very stable structure. The pyramids have four triangular sides meeting at the top. Pretty much everything else is different. The use, the way they were built, the art, etc.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#17wolf_blitzer85(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:10:33 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
-I respond to your post within the quotes, because i could not find any way to separate the two.

-A short answer to your entire topic is that you will find all of the answers to your questions in the bible. You make wide bland generalizations based on grouping all religions into one instead of analyzing each one to see the validity (very common among non believers on this board). Its like me saying i refuse to drive a car simply because all cars break down at some point. Well thats incredibly foolish because some break down from 1 year, some break down after 20 or 30 years. I still need a car, so why not analyze to find the best one? Thats the best human example i can come up with, because God (the real God) never breaks down. Only humans break down.

Know Jesus, Know peace.

Why did God create Satan then? I Satan not a terrorist? Why did God create a terrorist to terrorize His people, to tempt them, to try to destroy them, to separate them from Him? This makes no sense at all! Is God a terrorist? He had to be, to create Satan, a terrorist.

My definition is any person or entity that:
--Inflicts torture
--Uses physical or mental means to force someone to do something
--Causes retribution if physical, mental or sexual abuse is reported
--Kills or causes massive/bodywide physical pain to someone, without that person ever making any type of physical pain to the person causing that pain.

but you know, beyond that you're attempting (and rather poorly, as everyone can see) to duck my questions. You fail to acknowledge the gist of my topic, that God seems to have a total focus on the Middle East (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) but leaves out the other 98% of the Earth.

The Middle East, focusing on Israel, Palestine, Jordan and Saudi Arabia, is not even 2% of the land mass of the entire Earth. Holy s***.

But somehow he graces this pea-size area of the Earth, and all the religions created outside of the Middle East mean nothing?

REALLY?

God has no reason to create the Devil, and you'll find no such create in Shintoism, Sikhism, Hindusim, Rastafarianism, and all the other religions. Except J/C/I and of course all the American created religions (Mormonism and especially Seventh Day Adventists).

btw, I was around SDA's and my God, my God indeed. NO FURTHER COMMENTS THERE, I fear them.

GBALoser posted...
Suspecting trolololo, but I'll play.

FACT: Hinduism has existed longer than Judaism.

And? Indus River cultures have existed longer than Hebrew/Jewish culture......

---
Im for the revocation of the 2nd Amendment; guns have no place in society anymore, especially not assault weapons. The police can protect citizens.
#18wolf_blitzer85(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:12:04 PM
FACT: Buddhism had no contact with Jews, but has many elements of Judaism and Buddha is sometimes considered an 'Eastern Jesus'.

I thought in some circles Jesus was referred to as a 'Western Buddha' with the amount of similarities between his teachings and Buddhism

FACT: The Egyptian pyramids were constructed by humans, without any help from anyone not of this planet, but resemble temples built in South America and Southeast Asia about the same time, or just a few hundred years later.

If by "a few hundred years" you mean "over one thousand years" then you'd be correct. Egypt started around 2500 BCE where as the oldest Mayan pyramids are dated at around 1000 BCE.

The Summerians indeed have the oldest temple (sorry I'm not an archaeology major!!!), but remains of smaller temples built by the Incans and Mayans date back about 2,000BCE as well. They aren't fully-formed temples though.

As for Buddhism, which do you think of these two theories is correct?
1. The Buddha came before Jesus, and people in the Middle East incorporated his story into a person they called Jesus Christ (Iesus Chriso, etc. being his real name)
2. People in India/Tibet heard of Jesus Christ, and incorporated him into a person they called Gautama Buddha or Siddhartha Gautama Buddha?
---
Im for the revocation of the 2nd Amendment; guns have no place in society anymore, especially not assault weapons. The police can protect citizens.
#19wolf_blitzer85(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:12:15 PM
FACT: Buddhism had no contact with Jews, but has many elements of Judaism and Buddha is sometimes considered an 'Eastern Jesus'.

I thought in some circles Jesus was referred to as a 'Western Buddha' with the amount of similarities between his teachings and Buddhism

FACT: The Egyptian pyramids were constructed by humans, without any help from anyone not of this planet, but resemble temples built in South America and Southeast Asia about the same time, or just a few hundred years later.

If by "a few hundred years" you mean "over one thousand years" then you'd be correct. Egypt started around 2500 BCE where as the oldest Mayan pyramids are dated at around 1000 BCE.

The Summerians indeed have the oldest temple (sorry I'm not an archaeology major!!!), but remains of smaller temples built by the Incans and Mayans date back about 2,000BCE as well. They aren't fully-formed temples though.

As for Buddhism, which do you think of these two theories is correct?
1. The Buddha came before Jesus, and people in the Middle East incorporated his story into a person they called Jesus Christ (Iesus Chriso, etc. being his real name)
2. People in India/Tibet heard of Jesus Christ, and incorporated him into a person they called Gautama Buddha or Siddhartha Gautama Buddha?
---
#20IamvegitoPosted 2/21/2013 3:07:24 PM
To be saved means not dying in sin.

What do you mean by "sin," and how can you assert that your meaning is the same as Jesus'?
---