This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God's a jew. God's a christian. God's a muslim. God's a mormon. God's a...

#31LastManStandingPosted 2/21/2013 8:33:25 PM
I am going to be as brief as I need to be:
Satan was in Eden, he tempted Adam and Eve. So you know he is there from the beginning.
Satan is jealous of God, he created religions to take people away from God.
God promised great offspring of Abraham, who was the father of Issac who was the father of Jacob who got renamed Israel. Messiah was promised by Jews prophets. Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem of Judea as the scripture says:

Matthew 2:6
But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.

Christ died, rose from the death after 3 days, ascended into heaven. Before He his Passion He started Christianity:
Matthew 16:16-19
Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Hebrews 1:1-2
In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets;

in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe.

God has spoken through His Son, that is it. No more revelations. Judaism->Christianity that is it. Salvation is from the Jews.
Repent and believe in the Gospel.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#32Cornelious32Posted 2/27/2013 9:01:18 PM
UnfairRepresent posted...
If God does exists he either doesn't care much about us at all or is a jerk.

Either way, there is no benefit to worshiping him, and mainstream religion is a bad joke. Little more than social control, obedience and mass-delusion.

So if bad things happen to your child you dont care about them?
#33sith_acolyte15Posted 2/28/2013 1:22:38 PM
If you put a box of cookies in your child's room, and they eat them, do you punish them severely?
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.
#34Cornelious32Posted 2/28/2013 10:49:49 PM
sith_acolyte15 posted...
If you put a box of cookies in your child's room, and they eat them, do you punish them severely?

I assume you are talking about adam/eve, and I dont believe the fall was a punishment, nor was it a bad thing, it was necessary. Anyways, the whole story is probably mostly symbolism anyways.
#35EmbraceChaosPosted 2/28/2013 11:10:43 PM
Fact: Jesus is just a bunch of myths made up to control peoples minds.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#36EmbraceChaosPosted 2/28/2013 11:14:35 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
What, are you suggesting that God told people all over the world to build pyramids, and that this somehow proves God's plan?

Seek professional help, TC.

---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#37EmbraceChaosPosted 2/28/2013 11:20:00 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...

-I respond to your post within the quotes, because i could not find any way to separate the two.

-A short answer to your entire topic is that you will find all of the answers to your questions in the bible. You make wide bland generalizations based on grouping all religions into one instead of analyzing each one to see the validity (very common among non believers on this board). Its like me saying i refuse to drive a car simply because all cars break down at some point. Well thats incredibly foolish because some break down from 1 year, some break down after 20 or 30 years. I still need a car, so why not analyze to find the best one? Thats the best human example i can come up with, because God (the real God) never breaks down. Only humans break down.

Know Jesus, Know peace.

What a tragic and pitiable denial of one's sense of self. I pity you.
---
#38sith_acolyte15Posted 3/1/2013 3:01:47 AM
Cornelious32 posted...
sith_acolyte15 posted...

I assume you are talking about adam/eve, and I dont believe the fall was a punishment, nor was it a bad thing, it was necessary. Anyways, the whole story is probably mostly symbolism anyways.

Probably? Mostly?
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.