This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't wrap my mind around how someone could be so sure of their religion

#21bratt100Posted 2/23/2013 2:41:34 AM
LastManStanding posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
I am 1,000,000% certain that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, Son of the Living God, who is, was, and is coming. Not an atom of doubt.

Thats truly sad.

I firmly believe you cannot grow spiritually without some doubt along the way. For you to tell me you have never had doubt leads me to feel the same as if someone has never had a struggle in life.

If youve never had doubt, you havent really learned very much, and you arent really in a position to learn very much.

Thats what I believe, anyway.

Remember Christ rescued me, I am forever thankful. I sense closeness of God in my life, it illuminates me. My family when I was a child, you are talking hundreds of people I guess, all Catholics as far as I know. Christ been with my country Poland since our baptism in 966. Very deep Catholic roots. Mary, Mother of God is the Queen of Poland. I can go on. I want to focus as much as I can on love, love, love God and neighbor.
Poland literally exists only by the Grace of God, through Christ, our faith carried us through history.

Thankfully god took a vacation in 1939 so it isn't his fault. Oh Poland.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#22Lord Lu BuPosted 2/23/2013 7:44:39 AM
People hate being wrong. That's why so many still cling to their Bronze Age beliefs despite overwhelming evidence that some of their beliefs are flat out wrong.
---
Yes, you can say ASS!
#23ravenomoarPosted 2/23/2013 8:13:53 AM
I am 1,000,000% certain that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, Son of the Living God, who is, was, and is coming. Not an atom of doubt.

I am 1, 000, 000% LastManStanding is now a vegetable. He is a puppet of the catholic church.
#24LastManStandingPosted 2/23/2013 10:24:23 AM
ravenomoar posted...

I am 1, 000, 000% LastManStanding is now a vegetable. He is a puppet of the catholic church.

Spiritual death, the death that matters makes you a vegetable. Inverse of your comment.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#25Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/23/2013 1:17:05 PM
It's a matter of social conditioning.

LMS is a troll, please ignore him. I finally got sick of him and put him on ignore myself.
#26FlashOfLightPosted 2/23/2013 5:59:57 PM
As a Christian, Christ instructs his followers to get ready to go through a trial of their faith, and in his parable, he explains how the Word of God is immediately met by Satan trying to take it away. Paul the Apostle also explains how there will be dangers from so-called brothers, and how men contrary to the faith would try to creep in to try to have the pre-eminence.

Faith in Jesus Christ, carries with it a daily struggle of maintaining it, there are many things that could come in without any notice, to try to destroy your faith, and if one doesn't know what he believes to begin with, it's easier to not maintain any of that faith at all.

Christ also says, however, to keep focused on his simplicity, and never to think that one knows everything, because knowledge will always pass, but love remains, and that is the most important thing in faith in Christ, love, which remains forever.
---
Hi, do you have an unused or unwanted sig? Don't delay, we can help, write to Better Sig Now, P.O. Box 917, for an affordable, quality sig - Today!