This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So atheists do you believe you come from monkeys?

#1LastManStandingPosted 2/23/2013 10:40:02 PM(edited)
So atheists do you believe you come from monkeys? - Results (66 votes)
yes
28.79% (19 votes)
no
71.21% (47 votes)
not sure
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
topic.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#2lastheroPosted 2/23/2013 10:44:43 PM
You mean apes. And you are an ape. Your mother was an ape. So yes, we came from apes.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#3TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/23/2013 11:07:35 PM
lasthero posted...
You mean apes. And you are an ape. Your mother was an ape. So yes, we came from apes.

---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#4mystic belmontPosted 2/23/2013 11:26:46 PM
lasthero posted...

This is why I voted no.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#5bratt100Posted 2/23/2013 11:45:21 PM
Common ancestor...so no, not monkeys.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#6SpawnShadowPosted 2/24/2013 12:54:32 AM(edited)
bratt100 posted...
Common ancestor...so no, not monkeys.

mystic belmont posted...
lasthero posted...

This is why I voted no.

Claiming that humans evolved from monkeys essentially means that you think evolution works like it does in Pokémon. Spoiler Alert: It doesn't.

And, just for LMS's sake, humans are classified as apes (or "Hominoidea", as the biological superfamily is known), as are all the other hominids (chimps, bonobos, gorillas, orangutans, and everything under the Homo genus). Hominids in particular are also known as the "great apes".

Monkeys, however, are not apes. They are their own, separate group.
---
"Mjolnir: apply directly to the forehead."
Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy for hours on end? See quote for details!
#7EastsideslingerPosted 2/24/2013 3:53:57 AM
Oh my! Is this LMS' attempt at taking a swing at non-believers? I'm vaguely reminded of that scene in fight club where the priest gets irritated to the point that he finally lashes out.
---
"That's Mushy Snugglebites' badonkadonk. She's my main squeeze. Lady's got a gut fulla' dynamite and a booty like POOOW!" - Tiny Tina
#8ravenomoarPosted 2/24/2013 5:47:34 AM
Another clueless remark. Go read about how evolution works first before you bash it. We did not come from monkeys we simply share a common ancestor.
#9Wandering__HeroPosted 2/24/2013 6:09:20 AM
In your case we believe you pressed B somewhere along the line
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#10DarkContractorPosted 2/24/2013 6:18:59 AM
Wandering__Hero posted...
In your case we believe you pressed B somewhere along the line

rofl

any doubts I had that lms was a poe are gone
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.