This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One thing I notice a few Christians say

#11JonWood007Posted 2/24/2013 8:35:50 AM(edited)
I don't have to convince anybody of anything. If you do not want to pursue the truth that is your problem not mine. I know what I believe. I know what i have seen. I am not searching anymore. I am not wondering and asking questions. I am growing my faith, and one of my goals here is to answer questions for people that want to do the same.

Jesus is Lord.

Way to prove TC's point about Christians thinking something being wrong with the nonbeliever (not wanting to seek truth).

I'm actually gonna step to their defense, because I do believe they are saying what they truly believe. Are they necessarily the best representatives for Christianity? Let's just say I've run into far worse examples in real life.

I used to think like Polish to a degree when I was a teenager, so I can say that he's probably legit.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#12GBALoserPosted 2/24/2013 8:48:05 AM
Again, asking or stating vague, open ended questions/points like- "Why do you believe what you believe" or "The bible has violence in it so its all wrong and false" are completely worthless and dont contribute to intelligent inquiry/conversation.

Agree. Those type of questions contribute nothing to any type of religious discussion. It immediately puts one or both sides on the defensive. It's why I try to avoid those topics unless a point of interest pops up in the meandering conversations there in.

And yeah, I know. I guess my defense was... qualified at the least, but I'm also not one to give a full approval of anyone's views, especially if I don't agree with everything they say. It's giving respect to opposing views.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#13DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:00:53 AM(edited)
Polish_Crusader posted...
I don't have to convince anybody of anything. If you do not want to pursue the truth that is your problem not mine. I know what I believe. I know what i have seen. I am not searching anymore. I am not wondering and asking questions. I am growing my faith, and one of my goals here is to answer questions for people that want to do the same.

Jesus is Lord.

How am I supposed to know its truth? I have pursued truth, still do, and here I am. In fact even assuming your experiences, you have never posted a single testimony in which you narrowed down the possibilities to divine intervention (if you have you've never posted it). take your car crash, for example, what did you do to assess your car should not have been in the condition it was in? Did any experts in the field confirm? Can anyone demonstrate that the condition of your car was physically impossible? Same with your tubercolosis (sp?). Did any doctor, much less any actual evidence, confirm it was impossible for you to heal? Why is it so crazy that out of the whole audience that at least one person happened to get healed? Learn more about the principle of the statistical inevitable, please. Also, if you're not wondering anymore, then how come you are growing your faith? If you gnostically know that Jesus is Lord, then you don't have faith. If you don't gnostically know, then quit saying I'm not really looking for truth when I say I just want the truth. Btw, you know that one sickness in my family you said you would pray for so I could have a miracle to convince me of Jesus? Literally nothing has changed with her.

Also, don't act like you don't harass anyone. You called me a depressed zombie for giving away some books, called me a bad sheep for de-converting, sent me multiple PMs, and said I was just going to get sadder and sadder if I didn't go back (when in fact the inverse has been true).

Btw, ftr, you actually are supposed to convince me. It's called the Great Commission, and Jesus said it would be one of the most important things to remember.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#14FingerpuppetPosted 2/24/2013 5:17:31 PM
PC is a troll; he admitted to me via pm that his posting style was to get attention.
---
I recently came back to this site. I don't have an interesting sig, so please say something interesting that I can put here.
#15Polish_CrusaderPosted 2/24/2013 5:22:11 PM
DarkContractor posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...

Jesus is Lord.

How am I supposed to know its truth? I have pursued truth, still do, and here I am. In fact even assuming your experiences, you have never posted a single testimony in which you narrowed down the possibilities to divine intervention (if you have you've never posted it). take your car crash, for example, what did you do to assess your car should not have been in the condition it was in? Did any experts in the field confirm? Can anyone demonstrate that the condition of your car was physically impossible? Same with your tubercolosis (sp?). Did any doctor, much less any actual evidence, confirm it was impossible for you to heal? Why is it so crazy that out of the whole audience that at least one person happened to get healed? Learn more about the principle of the statistical inevitable, please. Also, if you're not wondering anymore, then how come you are growing your faith? If you gnostically know that Jesus is Lord, then you don't have faith. If you don't gnostically know, then quit saying I'm not really looking for truth when I say I just want the truth. Btw, you know that one sickness in my family you said you would pray for so I could have a miracle to convince me of Jesus? Literally nothing has changed with her.

Also, don't act like you don't harass anyone. You called me a depressed zombie for giving away some books, called me a bad sheep for de-converting, sent me multiple PMs, and said I was just going to get sadder and sadder if I didn't go back (when in fact the inverse has been true).

Btw, ftr, you actually are supposed to convince me. It's called the Great Commission, and Jesus said it would be one of the most important things to remember.

I will tell you of some of my testimonys:
1.)In early 2011 my car had a bad coolant leak, it was not a crash. It was leaking for about a week or so. After many days i decided to pray hard for god to fix the leak because we did not have enough money to fix it. It would have put me or my mother in a lot of debt (this was before i moved to texas and was on my own). After many days of refilling it manually and just buying more bottles of coolant it jusst suddenly stopped. It was not a gradual stop, it just stopped leaking one day cuz when i opened the hood the coolant was all still there. I waited a day or two. It still was not leaking. I took it to the town mechanic who i have been using for many years. I told him about my prayer story BEFORE i even gave him the keys. He looked at the car and called me the next day and said "I see where there was a leak because there is a big puddle. But there is no leak here. None at all". That was when i knew it was the Lord. THe mechanic, who wasnt really obviously a christian or not confirmed it and said it was amazing himself. How can there be a leak puddle without a leak? The leak was there, then it stopped.

2.)In mid-late 2010 i was in the hospital for my heart problem, and i turned on the tv and the 700 club happened to be on. The dude (not P.Robertson) was reading a letter from someone with TMJ that had watched the show and was healed from it in a previous episode. When the guy read the mail he said there is a watcher out there who also had TMJ and was hoping to be healed. He said in the name of jesus you are healed. I raised my hand and claimed to receive the healing. Ever since then i have not had TMJ problems. I suffered from TMJ in my jaw for years before that day.
#16ilsunshangxiangPosted 2/24/2013 5:30:22 PM
in indonesia, people think anyone who leaves islam has been brainwashed by the other religions. mass rioting usually ensues.
---
God created the universe and let it evolve.
There! Let's stop arguing and be friends.
#17Polish_CrusaderPosted 2/24/2013 5:32:52 PM
Fingerpuppet posted...
PC is a troll; he admitted to me via pm that his posting style was to get attention.

-Thats a lie. I never said that. I am dead serious about my beliefs. Seriously. Im not joking.
#18JonWood007Posted 2/24/2013 6:20:34 PM
And those are interesting stories, but not really convincing. I myself have not experienced anything that cannot be chalked up to coincidence, and I supposed neither did dark. Heck, in my own experience, I became an atheist mainly because it was the most intellectually honest choice I could make. I evaluated the evidence for months before deconverting. And I'm still evaluating evidence today.

Also, finger, if what you're saying is true, could you please screenshot the message and post the screenshot on here? I'm kinda skeptical of that claim without proof.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#19Polish_CrusaderPosted 2/24/2013 7:44:50 PM
Jonwood, do you remember when i told the board about the stranger giving me 20 dollars after my tithe? That was the most recent one. Do you remember it? I will tell it if you do not.
#20DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 5:25:20 AM
So PC, can we have the mechanics phone number to verify? :D

Also, the second one just proves you don't understand the principle of the statistically inevitable. How many people were watching? Can't help but wonder if someone else had tmj and raised their hand, and was disappointed.

I wonder if you had not turned on the tv, would he have said the same thing? again, did a doctor or nurse or someone confirm it was impossible for your tmj to heal? yes or no.

also, what do you think of this nearly identical islamic testimony of being healed?: http://www.islamcan.com/islamic-stories/prayer-of-a-sick-person.shtml

also, http://www.discoveringislam.org/miracles_of_Islam.htm
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.