This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what i want from the next pope

#21Maverick3000Posted 2/26/2013 1:31:00 AM
Let's put Nightcrawler as the pope. When all the Catholics see that the Pope looks like that they will all think the Pope is the anti-Christ and that the rapture is imminent! Then they will all go crazy! Then we can all do... uh something to take over the world!

Best. Idea. Ever
---
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez
#22DarkContractorPosted 2/26/2013 8:38:41 AM
gaiz gaiz gaiz what if we made jesus the next pope?

he'd be like the best pope ever
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
#23SarahFailinPosted 2/26/2013 11:49:34 AM
1. More accountability with respect to sexual abuse within the Church.

2. An end to the obligatory celibacy of priests.

3. Reforming the racist College of Cardinals so that it is no longer malapportioned in favour of the developed world. Only a r3tard would believe that it's okay for Italy to have 28 Cardinals and the Philippines to only have 1 even though the Philippines has 25 million more Catholics than Italy.
#24dnLpkPosted 2/26/2013 12:11:50 PM
*reads OP*

So... basically we're making a new age humanism kinda religion, right? Humanism with some historical ritual stuff, basically.
---
billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!
#25Cubbiesboy22Posted 2/26/2013 12:20:33 PM
charey posted...
Any of the first four are renouncing any form of Christianity and anyone who would do that cannot be Pope. I don't care if you are an atheist what you are asking is just stupid on every level.

The last two I could get behind.

The first one Catholics already believe. They don't believe in a great flood, a literal adam and eve, etc. In fact, Catholics believe in evolution and that the universe was created 14.7 billion years ago.
#26Cubbiesboy22Posted 2/26/2013 12:24:01 PM
What I would want from the new pope is as follows:

Acknowledge and apologize for the sex abuse scandal and promise that no priest will be shielded by the church. Start cleaning house of all the pedophiles.

End the celibacy of priests

Allow women to be ordained.

Have him be non-European.

End the stem-cell opposition. Abortion fine, but stem cells, really?

This is coming from an atheist who used to be Catholic.
#27Lord_IchmaelPosted 2/26/2013 12:39:03 PM
You're asking for the next pope to not be Catholic. Good luck with that. What use would the "Is the Pope Catholic?" saying be anymore?
#28mikmalotPosted 2/26/2013 1:17:18 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
LastManStanding posted...
This place is a nest of blasphemies against God.

Most of us are mocking the TC

I like nests
---
Descartes is sitting in a bar, having a drink. The bartender asks him if he wants another. "I think not," he says and vanishes in a puff of logic.