This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A simple answer to the "burden of proof" question

#311FingerpuppetPosted 3/26/2013 8:53:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#312FingerpuppetPosted 3/26/2013 8:56:21 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
AynRandySavage posted...
"Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of our language"
-Wittgenstein

If you're serious about wanting to shut down bad arguments and stopping bad thinking, understanding the language behind your thought is the first place to start.

The problem comes when we are having a philosophical discussion just fine, and you come along and derail the topic because you can't stand us all having the same definition.

And you're the winner for my new sig!
---
The problem starts when we are having a discussion just fine and you come along and derail the topic because you can't stand us all having the same definition.
#313Moorish_IdolPosted 3/26/2013 11:09:51 PM
Why was that sig-worthy?
#314bratt100Posted 3/27/2013 1:10:48 AM
Now mine was sig worthy.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#315linkkhalid89Posted 3/27/2013 8:00:13 AM
Gotta agree that bratt's is sig worthy. I don't particularly like sigs, myself.
#316FingerpuppetPosted 3/27/2013 10:52:30 AM
Moorish_Idol posted...
Why was that sig-worthy?

An outcry against people who play semantics...so I'm pretty much standing up to the internet.
---
The problem starts when we are having a discussion just fine and you come along and derail the topic because you can't stand us all having the same definition.
#317Moorish_IdolPosted 3/27/2013 11:33:21 AM
Fingerpuppet posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
Why was that sig-worthy?

An outcry against people who play semantics...so I'm pretty much standing up to the internet.

Oh ok. I wasn't sure if you were sigging it because you thought I said something ridiculous or not. :P
#318AynRandySavagePosted 3/27/2013 1:47:30 PM
Fingerpuppet posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
Why was that sig-worthy?

blowin' a spitball at a bulldozer