This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An open letter to 'gay' teens.

#41bratt100Posted 2/26/2013 11:48:13 PM
Also, is this not the same style as LMS?
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#42lastheroPosted 2/26/2013 11:50:49 PM
Every major world religion

This part struck my eye. Does any major religion besides the Abrahamic one have any opinion on gays?
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#43apatrick0516Posted 2/27/2013 11:43:27 AM
This is one of the most Vile pieces of hate speech I've seen in a while.

"No, it's not me telling you that you're evil and going to hell for loving the wrong person that makes you depressed. It's that you're gay."

I can't wait for the day this kind of hatemongering is seen the same way the KKK is seen. It'll be a better world for all decent human beings.

What a disgusting human being Matt Barber is!
---
This here's ma signature!
#44C_MatPosted 2/27/2013 1:06:15 PM
Do you think any of them exist?

The ones that grow up hating themselves because their parents are fundies, and put them into gay reparative therapy?

Then you need to admit you were wrong about your first post; obviously, telling kids "to not act on the way they were made by God" does not "only lead to them committing suicide." You have contradicted yourself.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#45mystic belmontPosted 2/27/2013 1:08:04 PM
It does lead to a higher suicide rate, as per the link that I posted.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#46NoTitleRequiredPosted 2/27/2013 1:52:36 PM
mercurydude posted...
Add a few profanities and this is basically the response a WBC member would give to a child coming out to them.

no it's not
---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg
#47Magyar15Posted 2/27/2013 2:26:59 PM
apatrick0516 posted...

"No, it's not me telling you that you're evil and going to hell for loving the wrong person that makes you depressed. It's that you're gay."

I can't wait for the day this kind of hatemongering is seen the same way the KKK is seen. It'll be a better world for all decent human beings.

take a chill pill dude
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#48GBALoserPosted 2/27/2013 3:45:05 PM
apatrick0516 posted...

You obviously haven't read anything by Jack Chick, then.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#49JonWood007Posted 2/27/2013 3:46:14 PM
Chaos Scade posted...
mercurydude posted...
Add a few profanities and this is basically the response a WBC member would give to a child coming out to them.

no it's not

I agree. If you were in WBC they'd be like 100x more rabid than that.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#50Sir WillPosted 2/28/2013 10:20:24 AM
C_Mat posted...
Do you think any of them exist?

The ones that grow up hating themselves because their parents are fundies, and put them into gay reparative therapy?

Then you need to admit you were wrong about your first post; obviously, telling kids "to not act on the way they were made by God" does not "only lead to them committing suicide." You have contradicted yourself.

Semantics. You know perfectly well what he meant.

Homosexual behavior is always wrong demonstrably and absolutely wrong.

Period.

Except no, not at all. Period.

Up until this point, I actually thought the letter might be positive.

Nah, I knew something like this was coming.

I'd say more but why bother? Bottom line is that it's a bunch of poisonous drivel.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'