This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I implore all of thee! Turn away from evil Christ and Embrace the Chaos!

#61Your_LordKingPosted 3/2/2013 12:14:18 AM
AynRandySavage posted...
Your_LordKing posted...
fudrick posted...
Your_LordKing posted...
What is with this hostility? I haven't said anything to warrant such a response.

The fact that you don't realize that you've said some seriously dumb s*** on this board is even worse

And here is another hostile poster. That's three. Is this a common occurrence? Do you all just immediately lack respect for other people for saying different things? This board seems to be filled with intolerance from the reactions I'm getting just for pointing out the sameness between two known trolls...

The problem is just execution. I think differently than a lot of this board, so I'm not particularly popular. Nobody doubts my sincerity though. On the other hand, with you, nobody doubted your insincerity.

So, you're projecting this supposed vileness on my part because I'm assessing reactions that I feel were unfair?

There was no reason for you or others to write such heated words as I did absolutely nothing to warrant them. If you cannot be civil over a mere forum discussion because I have come to a different conclusion then I guess that speaks for itself.
#62GBALoserPosted 3/2/2013 6:32:39 AM
So how is LMS at all different? Again, even if he was being genuine, he would still be considered a troll because he's making insulting remarks about other groups of people based on religious and ideological differences. LMS's comments aren't just insulting atheists but Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, and many other religious groups.

So why is LMS being tolerated and EC was not? They both did the same thing.

LMS is posting his Catholic thought process, nothing more. If Catholic doctrine offends you, there's nothing I can do to change your mind. And if by "tolerate" you mean "half the board has him on the ignore list, a quarter don't respond to him, and another quarter play around with him" then yes he's being tolerated.

There was no reason for you or others to write such heated words as I did absolutely nothing to warrant them. If you cannot be civil over a mere forum discussion because I have come to a different conclusion then I guess that speaks for itself.

Again, based on how you write. We have no idea where this indignant attitude is coming from, especially since it looks like you're playing white knight for a known troll. No one here defends either LMS or EC, yet you are calling us "hypocrites" because the guy who was intentionally being offensive by the rules of the ToS (EC) finally got banned.

You're saying we hold them to different standards. LMS adjusted his behavior; EC didn't. LMS's doctrinal approach may insult intelligence, but it has never felt to be insulting outside "Catholicism is the best." Again, if you have a problem with his belief, there's nothing we can do to change your mind. EC posted nothing but ridiculous topics to directly attack religious beliefs, not for discussion but for mockery and trollbaiting. He didn't cool his rhetoric, and he got banhammered.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#63HanatarashiPosted 3/2/2013 6:50:31 PM
Your_LordKing posted...
So why is LMS being tolerated and EC was not? They both did the same thing.

Is it more annoying to be held up walking behind a guy with his leg in plaster, or some jackass pretending (very unconvincingly) to have a limp?
#64bratt100Posted 3/2/2013 7:56:28 PM
a whole lot of people seem to think LMS is genuine...what leads you to think that?

I have never met a person like him in real life, not even the most devout. So unless he's crazy, it's safe to say he is just doing for the laughs.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#65TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/2/2013 8:00:45 PM
bratt100 posted...
a whole lot of people seem to think LMS is genuine...what leads you to think that?

I have never met a person like him in real life, not even the most devout. So unless he's crazy, it's safe to say he is just doing for the laughs.

I give people the benefit of the doubt. It doesnt hurt anybody to assume someone is legitimate who isnt, but ti would hurt someone to assume they are trolling when they are legitimate.

When I first came to this board, a "troll" had killed himself. I talked to his sister on fb, and it really moved me, and plays a direct role in how I try (sometimes fail - especially lately) to respond to potential trolls these days.

I also just feel like LMS is legitimate. Ive talked to him a bit in messages and Ive seen his reactions and Im seeing some genuine emotion there.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#66fudrickPosted 3/2/2013 8:42:02 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
When I first came to this board, a "troll" had killed himself. I talked to his sister on fb, and it really moved me, and plays a direct role in how I try (sometimes fail - especially lately) to respond to potential trolls these days.

Wait, what happened? Are you saying a person who trolled this board killed himself, or a person who posted on this board seriously was called a troll and killed himself? It seems like you're talking about the latter scenario, but I can't imagine someone would actually do that...
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#67TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/2/2013 8:49:55 PM
fudrick posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

Wait, what happened? Are you saying a person who trolled this board killed himself, or a person who posted on this board seriously was called a troll and killed himself? It seems like you're talking about the latter scenario, but I can't imagine someone would actually do that...

I dont know whether he was serious or not, but he did kill himself
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
#68TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/2/2013 8:53:15 PM
Shado might remember, Im looking over the thread I talked to his sister in and Shado was apparently talking to her also, we briefly discussed Shado
---
#69FlashOfLightPosted 3/2/2013 9:24:00 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...

I dont know whether he was serious or not, but he did kill himself

That is frightening.
---
Never marry a woman before you hear her scream.
#70LastManStandingPosted 3/2/2013 9:43:53 PM
I thought this guy was Greek Orthodox. I will pray for you.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000