This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I implore all of thee! Turn away from evil Christ and Embrace the Chaos!

#71TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/2/2013 8:48:35 PM
LastManStanding posted...
I thought this guy was Greek Orthodox. I will pray for you.

No, Chaos Scade is Orthodox. Embrace Chaos is an atheist.

FlashOfLight posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

I dont know whether he was serious or not, but he did kill himself

That is frightening.

It had a huge impact on me. We dont realize how much of an impact our words on the internet can have on others, but its something we should consider. No one knows what anyone else's life is like, and compassion to someone who seems like they dont deserve it could literally save a life.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#72LastManStandingPosted 3/2/2013 8:53:27 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
LastManStanding posted...
I thought this guy was Greek Orthodox. I will pray for you.

No, Chaos Scade is Orthodox. Embrace Chaos is an atheist.

FlashOfLight posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

I dont know whether he was serious or not, but he did kill himself

That is frightening.

It had a huge impact on me. We dont realize how much of an impact our words on the internet can have on others, but its something we should consider. No one knows what anyone else's life is like, and compassion to someone who seems like they dont deserve it could literally save a life.

That is why it is important to preach the message of love and hope where there is none.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#73FlashOfLightPosted 3/2/2013 9:05:48 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...

I don't know if it's just me that's getting this view of it, but it seems to be happening way too much on the internet, I always say that not everyone has the same thick skin and able to dismiss things thrown against them as easily as supposed "veterans" may be able to, and also it just gives more proof that in so many ways the internet is an environment similar to school in so many respects, where the gentle are thrown in among wolves that are out to devour.

I know some people take it as a game, but these incidents really call out for people needing to realize that the term "community" holds more importance than what it is given, and there are vulnerable people who are in need of very real help.

So many times someone can make a serious post where someone is seeking out for help, and users just respond to it with things like "K, no one will miss you anyway, just die!", and that is extremely disturbing.
---
Never marry a woman before you hear her scream.
#74bratt100Posted 3/2/2013 9:15:17 PM(edited)
FlashOfLight posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

I don't know if it's just me that's getting this view of it, but it seems to be happening way too much on the internet, I always say that not everyone has the same thick skin and able to dismiss things thrown against them as easily as supposed "veterans" may be able to, and also it just gives more proof that in so many ways the internet is an environment similar to school in so many respects, where the gentle are thrown in among wolves that are out to devour.

I know some people take it as a game, but these incidents really call out for people needing to realize that the term "community" holds more importance than what it is given, and there are vulnerable people who are in need of very real help.

So many times someone can make a serious post where someone is seeking out for help, and users just respond to it with things like "K, no one will miss you anyway, just die!", and that is extremely disturbing.

I have yet to see one of those on here. Also being suicidal is in no way linked to an online community, at least in my experience.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#75AynRandySavagePosted 3/2/2013 9:26:59 PM
Hanatarashi posted...
Your_LordKing posted...
So why is LMS being tolerated and EC was not? They both did the same thing.

Is it more annoying to be held up walking behind a guy with his leg in plaster, or some jackass pretending (very unconvincingly) to have a limp?

I like this analogy.
#76LastManStandingPosted 3/2/2013 9:51:15 PM
I just seen that the poor guy got banned. Hey fellow Christians, let's pray to Christ in next 24hrs, that Christ gives that person peace, and happiness. Rants like what this topic was, could have been cry for help.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#77GBALoserPosted 3/3/2013 4:40:31 AM
I give people the benefit of the doubt. It doesnt hurt anybody to assume someone is legitimate who isnt, but ti would hurt someone to assume they are trolling when they are legitimate.

Yeah, I assume everyone is genuine in their posting as well, again based on the many years of WoT where the line between trolling and legit discussion blurred. I'm a little more defensive here as I know how faith affects people individually so I will not call out people I suspect as trolls unless many others also say the same (appeal to majority, I know...) in spite of what they say. The few I have were known in other boards, but again I give them benefit of doubt here unless they try to bring their antics here.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#78SarahFailinPosted 3/3/2013 6:58:20 PM
FlashOfLight posted...
EmbraceChaos posted...

You wouldn't know, accept, or agree with my reasons if I told you because you can't accept the idea that your faith can be bad. You are limited, I am not.

Oh no, I used to listen to people like you who said it was bad, I know where I ended up in when I did so.

Yes, because everyone who rejects Christianity does so for the same reason or proposes the same alternatives. Given that Christianity runs the gamut from Univeralism to Dominionism, that's a pretty strange thing to say.
#79FlashOfLightPosted 3/3/2013 7:33:18 PM
SarahFailin posted...

Yes, because everyone who rejects Christianity does so for the same reason or proposes the same alternatives. Given that Christianity runs the gamut from Univeralism to Dominionism, that's a pretty strange thing to say.

I said no such thing, Madame. I was only speaking of myself, not anyone else.
---
Never marry a woman before you hear her scream.
#80Your_LordKingPosted 3/5/2013 3:44:07 AM
FlashOfLight posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...

People have always fallen through the cracks. The information age just makes us realize how often such tragedies are. Nevertheless, I chalk it up as bad parenting more than the internet itself.