This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there any religion in the world that is not a complete cluster f*** of irony?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. is there any religion in the world that is not a complete cluster f*** of irony?
2 years ago#11
Just so we're clear the laughing buddha is not Siddartha Guatama....

He's not talking about Hotei. Do you think Mona Lisa has a gigantic laughing expression?
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
2 years ago#12
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Hustle Kong is going to rage at this thread lol :P

Meh. It's more of an urge to just sigh and throw my hands in the air. This sort of oversimplification is especially annoying from someone who proposed a challenge not too long ago to learn more.
---
Shooting Game never die.
2 years ago#13
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
I thought Hinduism and Buddhism would be the answer to Western religious trolling. boy, did I learn the hard way. >_>

H: Caste system, reincarnation as punishment
B: Life is suffering. Live an entire lifetime to do nothing but suffer.

The artwork is quite nice though, don't you agree?

- You seem to unrealistically expect that there is a belief system that will take away all pain/suffering, etc. You will never find that.
2 years ago#14
Meh. It's more of an urge to just sigh and throw my hands in the air. This sort of oversimplification is especially annoying from someone who proposed a challenge not too long ago to learn more.

I think oversimplification is inevitable when talking about a belief system that you don't follow, though...

In my older age I believe I am becoming something of an idealist, which is an interesting development. I'm starting to believe that much and more of the world's problems are caused by two sides not understanding each other.
2 years ago#15
I think oversimplification is inevitable when talking about a belief system that you don't follow, though...

It needn't be, though. There is no shame in admitting you don't know much and to withhold judgement until you learn much more.

I have to do that with a great deal of things.
---
Shooting Game never die.
2 years ago#16
H: Caste system, reincarnation as punishment

Upanishads critique your first point, second point goes along with your criticism of Buddhism. Sorry your theodicy complaints have been preempted.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. is there any religion in the world that is not a complete cluster f*** of irony?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived