This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In all honesty, why is God so reserved?

#11ThuggernautzPosted 3/6/2013 12:52:16 PM
Mike_Stanton posted...
Does anyone else ever get the sense that LMS isn't even a real person and is instead just an AI that's programmed to respond to messages in a way that a fundie typically would? I swear, this guy interacts just like those bots.

It certainly would fail the Turing test. Which is even more humorous if LMS is a real person.
#12LastManStandingPosted 3/6/2013 12:54:14 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Love your neighbor as yourself.

One person on this board understands this post, and why is it here... But that shall remain hidden from all. You know who you are:)
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#13OrangeWizardPosted 3/6/2013 1:26:17 PM
he clearly doesn't interact very closely at all with his grand creation.

Do you think God should act differently? Why?
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#14Faust_8Posted 3/6/2013 9:34:36 PM
Well, some say that God does...but only if we're all extremely ignorant and superstitious and never write about it until decades later.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#15wuigeePosted 3/6/2013 9:47:06 PM
I think god is love (in its purest form), which would mean god is far from reserved. You could also argue that god is all of existence.

I'm starting to think that we were not created directly from the almighty god but other beings superior to us. We (as humans) created this computer for example. From the computer's perspective we (humans) are being reserved. And from our perspective, our creators are being reserved. But in reality that is not true. The inferior being is just incapable of understanding/noticing its creator.

If he does then I would question why he set everything up so that the more we learned about science the more doubtful his existence would become.

I think science makes it more obvious that god exists. The universe is so perfectly mathematically put together. And evolution tells me, that our creator(s) is learning more and more. Science makes most religions more doubtful, which is a whole other argument.
---
Adriana Lima is the hottest girl in the world.
#16FingerpuppetPosted 3/6/2013 10:12:20 PM
Mike_Stanton posted...
Does anyone else ever get the sense that LMS isn't even a real person and is instead just an AI that's programmed to respond to messages in a way that a fundie typically would? I swear, this guy interacts just like those bots.

You'll fit in just fine, TC. Welcome to 263.
---
I recently came back to this site. I don't have an interesting sig, so please say something interesting that I can put here.
#17Faust_8Posted 3/6/2013 10:17:00 PM
I'm utterly astounded when regular posters DON'T have LMS on ignore like I do.

Is there any reason NOT to?
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#18JonWood007Posted 3/6/2013 11:53:02 PM
Faust_8 posted...
I'm utterly astounded when regular posters DON'T have LMS on ignore like I do.

Is there any reason NOT to?

Entertainment. The desire to want to see what he wrote when you click on a topic and there are 10 messages on ignore.
---
Desktop: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GNoz
Laptop: http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/model/LX.WY202.001
#19Mike_Stanton(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:19:09 AM
Do you think God should act differently? Why?

I pretty much explained it in the rest of my post.

I think science makes it more obvious that god exists. The universe is so perfectly mathematically put together.

I've yet to see any real evidence of those fine tuning constraints.

And evolution tells me, that our creator(s) is learning more and more

But it can very easily happen without any creator.

Mike_Stanton posted...

You'll fit in just fine, TC. Welcome to 263.

Thanks, although I'm not new or anything. I've been an on/off regular here since 2007ish. Most of the vets here would likely recognize the username in my sig from 07-09. I took a recent 10 month hiatus from here while I was...pretending to be dead (long story).
---
RIP Butters_1188 2005-2009
Prove me wrong
#20OrangeWizardPosted 3/7/2013 9:26:31 AM
I pretty much explained it in the rest of my post.

So you think you know how an omniscient, omnipotent, perfect God should act?
Just making sure.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.