This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a group that was unconditionally and universally accepted by Christians

#1Your_LordKingPosted 3/7/2013 8:51:55 AM
Who weren't ever identified as Christians themselves.
#2Magyar15Posted 3/7/2013 9:10:41 AM
Can you name a group that was unconditionally and universally accepted by all members of any group larger than 40 people?
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#3Your_LordKing(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:17:54 AM
Magyar15 posted...
Can you name a group that was unconditionally and universally accepted by all members of any group larger than 40 people?

Muslim countries accepting transgenders. Even archaic Iran treated them as human beings. A great shame on America's part, really.
#4Magyar15Posted 3/7/2013 9:38:06 AM
Your_LordKing posted...
Magyar15 posted...

Muslim countries accepting transgenders. Even archaic Iran treated them as human beings. A great shame on America's part, really.

http://thewip.net/contributors/2009/09/transsexuals_in_the_middle_eas.html
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#5TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/7/2013 9:49:06 AM
Your_LordKing posted...
Magyar15 posted...

You think people in Muslim countries unconditionally and universally accept transgendered people?

Really? Or are you just being ignorant?
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#6GBALoserPosted 3/7/2013 11:38:10 AM
Let's rewrite the title:

"Name a group X that was unconditionally and universally accepted by group Y"

The answer? No such group exists. Every group has some aspect that makes them anathema to other groups, be they religious or secular.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#7Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/7/2013 2:22:30 PM
Vague, abstract question fails hard. There is different christians with different cultures all over the world. We all dont follow the same cultural patterns or norms, we are just suppose to pursue the life in the same book.

The christians that i know universally accept everybody. My church is mostly mexican. I am a white male. We are mostly young people below 35. I never here my christian friends bad mouth anybody of any group. We literally care for and about everybody we come across.
#8Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/7/2013 2:23:54 PM
GBALoser posted...
Let's rewrite the title:

"Name a group X that was unconditionally and universally accepted by group Y"

The answer? No such group exists. Every group has some aspect that makes them anathema to other groups, be they religious or secular.

^ Cant believe i missed this. Brilliant answer.

Additionally, you cant stereotype a large group for something that a few members of it do.
#9Your_LordKing(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:25:12 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Vague, abstract question fails hard. There is different christians with different cultures all over the world. We all dont follow the same cultural patterns or norms, we are just suppose to pursue the life in the same book.

The christians that i know universally accept everybody. My church is mostly mexican. I am a white male. We are mostly young people below 35. I never here my christian friends bad mouth anybody of any group. We literally care for and about everybody we come across.

Then it's not a universal religion of peace.
#10Your_LordKing(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:25:50 PM
Magyar15 posted...
Your_LordKing posted...
Magyar15 posted...

http://thewip.net/contributors/2009/09/transsexuals_in_the_middle_eas.html

That's a blog...