This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the main reason gay people can't have sex because they can't have babies?

#11bratt100Posted 3/13/2013 7:30:50 PM
Who cares? They certainly don't care about you practices.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#12JigglysaintPosted 3/13/2013 7:52:24 PM
The main reason is God said no. Heck, at least we are getting to that point where celibacy is at least an option for Gay Christians. While procreation seems legitimate, I think when it comes down to it, straight people just can't wrap their brain around why one man would be attracted to another man. In the olden days, such forbidden acts were run underground where wickedness usually flourished anyway. Had humans understood earlier that some people's sexual priorities just didn't match that of "babymaker", then perhaps more roles and social rules could have been created so that they could fit better into a society, especially a theocratic one. Well I know we have monks and convents, and whatnot, but it takes great effort to resist a temptation one is born into with no input as to whether they wanted to have those thoughts go through their mind.

I personally would love to ask God why it's wrong and why if it's wrong, why some people have to struggle with it? Then again, people have to struggle with all sorts of issues anyway they never asked for, so it's just a condition of life that some people get dealt a crappy hand.
#13FlashOfLightPosted 3/13/2013 7:56:45 PM
Aye, virgins suffer just as much.
---
This is a TEST of the Internet Broadcasting Network, soon to be revealed in front of the whole world- Every game has an end - Operation Old King Cole
#14JigglysaintPosted 3/13/2013 8:39:25 PM
FlashOfLight posted...
Aye, virgins suffer just as much.

And the intellectually challenged. Is sex a right or a privilege? Like I said, it's easy for a "normal" person to look down at others and their ways of expressing physical love when it's not sanctioned by their church or society. I bring that up because I know of many people with significant cognitive deficits(AKA, the "R" word) who have had sexual partners, but society as a whole generally looks down on that, especially if the partnership is between one with a disability and one without.
#15FlashOfLightPosted 3/13/2013 8:57:47 PM
Jigglysaint posted...
And the intellectually challenged. Is sex a right or a privilege?

This would make a great topic. I think in all cases it has to be a privilege, but indeed to virgins it might seem like it's just a given right for others.

Like I said, it's easy for a "normal" person to look down at others and their ways of expressing physical love when it's not sanctioned by their church or society. I bring that up because I know of many people with significant cognitive deficits(AKA, the "R" word) who have had sexual partners, but society as a whole generally looks down on that, especially if the partnership is between one with a disability and one without.

I've run across many of those cases, yes, almost every time in private talks, people threw comments out like "OMG I can't believe they're together..." or "How could she be with him?" and just saying things that somehow made them assume that "How is this fair, I'm normal, and the guy she's with is not, yet SHE picks him?" It's like I guess in their minds, they were supposed to be chosen over the other person, as if it were a right. Like a primitive way of thinking, in which the person somehow took their territory away.
---
This is a TEST of the Internet Broadcasting Network, soon to be revealed in front of the whole world- Every game has an end - Operation Old King Cole
#16darklaoPosted 3/13/2013 9:05:44 PM
What if they are baren because of a poor lifestyle choice?

Also sex is ok... but lust is not?

Just read all this:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm
---
[agitprop]
come and play come and play forget about the movement