This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

'Why I am no longer a Creationist'...

#1ravenomoarPosted 3/14/2013 5:47:10 PM
I invite everyone of all faith to watch these series of videos (or at least the first two) for some actual thought and cohesiveness was put into this.

I am still watching and find the narration quite relaxing and easy to follow. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL92BF52C02E33F4CA
#2FlashOfLightPosted 3/14/2013 6:14:56 PM
In his video "Why I am no longer a creationist - Part 3: Creationist Lies, Episode 2: Buddy ..." He says that he is no longer a creationist because of the leaders themselves, because apparently they lack knowledge, and are ignorant of scientific facts.

Since when does someone not being informed of something, and that happening to be their view, dismiss something from being true?

This garbage type of rationalizing is the equivalent of a 10 year old kid saying to an 18 year old that "Slavery was a great evil in American history, it was a dark time in the lives of African Americans, but thankfully it was abolished in 1865 when George Washington passed the 13th Amendment and allowed slaves to have common rights as citizens." and the 18 year old thinking that either A) slavery didn't happen in the United States or B) that slavery was not a dark time in the lives of African Americans just because the 10 year old got his facts wrong.
---
This is a TEST of the Internet Broadcasting Network, soon to be revealed in front of the whole world- Every game has an end - Operation Old King Cole
#3lastheroPosted 3/14/2013 9:12:32 PM(edited)
Since when does someone not being informed of something, and that happening to be their view, dismiss something from being true?

I saw the video in question, and you're either purposefully or accidentally misrepresenting it. His problem with people like Buddy aren't just that they're wrong, but that they KNOW they're wrong, and that they're intentionally misrepresenting the argument just to suit their religious ends. In other words, they're boldfaced liars, and Buddy Davis - with his heap of unfossilized dinosaur bones that never existed - is the worst of the lot.

Why do you think the series is called Creationist LIES? I mean, seriously - T-Rex was a vegetarian. The hell.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#4bratt100Posted 3/14/2013 10:22:47 PM
Creationism IS A LIE. The debate has been over for a long time but as always you have the fringe groups who grab onto a dead idea and try to run with it and justify it.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#5FingerpuppetPosted 3/14/2013 11:09:47 PM
bratt100 posted...
Creationism IS A LIE. The debate has been over for a long time but as always you have the fringe groups who grab onto a dead idea and try to run with it and justify it.

Nonsense. Everyone knows that scientists all meet in a secret room, rub their evil hands together, and plot to destroy Christianity and 'murica.
---
I recently came back to this site. I don't have an interesting sig, so please say something interesting that I can put here.
#6Faust_8Posted 3/15/2013 3:23:47 AM
bratt100 posted...

To be fair, not all creationists are liars.

Some are just so ignorant and intellectually lazy that they believe the liars.

But yeah, that's the only two kinds that exist--the liars, and the duped.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#7bratt100Posted 3/15/2013 3:51:36 AM
Faust_8 posted...
bratt100 posted...

To be fair, not all creationists are liars.

Some are just so ignorant and intellectually lazy that they believe the liars.

But yeah, that's the only two kinds that exist--the liars, and the duped.

Mate, I never called them liars. Just that creationism itself was lie. Also not an attack at as you are one of the ones I respect on here.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#8FlashOfLightPosted 3/15/2013 3:55:05 AM
lasthero posted...
I saw the video in question, and you're either purposefully or accidentally misrepresenting it. His problem with people like Buddy aren't just that they're wrong, but that they KNOW they're wrong, and that they're intentionally misrepresenting the argument just to suit their religious ends. In other words, they're boldfaced liars, and Buddy Davis - with his heap of unfossilized dinosaur bones that never existed - is the worst of the lot.

Why do you think the series is called Creationist LIES? I mean, seriously - T-Rex was a vegetarian. The hell.

In that same video he uses the mock-the-dumb creationist line of "...or the Devil put them there" which is always a tactic to say that creationists are dumb as hell, while those who believe everything that comes out of Academia to be observant, in touch, and aware of "true" history and findings, and yet his video is about lies and what well known creationist legitly believes that "the Devil put them there"?

He's just out to bash and ridicule, and not to be fair to both sides, it's obvious by his method of approach since his videos are typical of Bible hating critics with their style of "Insert a pop culture clip here - connect it with the dumb creationist - insert a silly sound here - associate it with the dumb creationist - pause the video with the creationist looking goofy = the creationist's argument being disproven and author of video being superior in terms of intellectual knowledge and scientific approach".

The video is infested with internet memes, in a creationist hater's mind memes = winning the argument and proving the creationist to be a liar. He keeps saying in the video that the creationists are deliberately lying and damaging the mind of children for money and religious conformity, and yet all he does is just repeating that over and over again and at the end expecting the viewer to "take my word for it because I say so".

He shows a bunch of magazine clippings dealing with everything that mainstream science believes, and that is supposed to get across that those who reject creation are that much more informed, meanwhile the majority of those articles he does feature are a screen cap of just fancy looking graphs and nicely styled magazine layout formats, that are all neat and tidy, and by that making the insinuation again that making an article look cool = the creationist being debunked.
---
This is a TEST of the Internet Broadcasting Network, soon to be revealed in front of the whole world- Every game has an end - Operation Old King Cole
#9bratt100Posted 3/15/2013 6:16:40 AM
/\ that's because they are.

If your belief is that earth is 7000 years old and we where made as is then yes you need to be shunned and you teachings need to be buried as all you are doing is purposely mentally stunting your own children.
---
#10FlashOfLightPosted 3/15/2013 6:40:30 AM
bratt100 posted...
/\ that's because they are.

If your belief is that earth is 7000 years old and we where made as is then yes you need to be shunned and you teachings need to be buried as all you are doing is purposely mentally stunting your own children.

Just for giggles, (nothing serious intended) or as a hypothetical, would you personally be willing to bet your life or say 1 billion dollars, if you had them, that the theory of evolution is true and that the Bible's creation account is wrong?

I want to gauge your certainty on the matter, as it were.
---