This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i dont get something about the Christianity religion. (or any in that matter)

#1XT3M3Posted 3/15/2013 2:31:42 PM
THIS IS NOT A TrOLL TOPIC.
I WANT A DECENT CONVO/REASONABLE ANSWERS AND THOUGHTS. thank you

i tried posting it on CE but it seemed like i wasnt getting serious enough answers so lets try here.

the people who are apart of the religion go by the rules of the bible. and the things said by go/jesus and what not.

i believe a saying is "god accepts those who accept him" or w/e Dont judge people and what not.

but when someone announces that they are gay, all of that seems to go out the window. and it turns into Ignorant hate? WTF? what happen to all that goody goody talk about the judging of people and that god loves everyone?

because billy and tommy decide they are gay now, they are the worst people to walk on the earth? and should be disowned by god?

i hope these people notice things like this is a big part of the reason why people go LOLRELIGON.

my grandmother, SUPER RELIGIOUS, just went into a ANTI gay hate speech/tirade . (reason for this topic)

what do you guys think about this. and feel free to correct me on some of the verses.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Divsion standing Nets: 38-27 2nd place| Yankees OFF| Giants OFF| Islanders 11-12-3 4th Place
#2garrspetePosted 3/15/2013 2:35:38 PM
I gave you a serious answer
---
Dinkin' Flicka
Gamertag: Garrspete23
#3WelshGamer82Posted 3/15/2013 2:37:06 PM
What verses?
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7020/jesustwitter.jpg
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. < ><
#4garrspetePosted 3/15/2013 2:38:27 PM
And dont say they decided to be gay. Its not a choice or just some hobby they started.
---
Dinkin' Flicka
#5LastManStandingPosted 3/15/2013 2:43:02 PM
No one should hate anyone. Sin is a sin.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#6XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 2:43:05 PM
WelshGamer82 posted...
What verses?

im not that religious so i posted that i believe the general idea was of a qoute. if you can find it for me thank you. if not i find it later on today.

garrspete posted...
I gave you a serious answer

garrspete posted...
And dont say they decided to be gay. Its not a choice or just some hobby they started.

yea i should reword that. idk how it happens but you get what i mean tho. and i answered you
---
Teams/Divsion standing Nets: 38-27 2nd place| Yankees OFF| Giants OFF| Islanders 11-12-3 4th Place
#7XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:11:24 PM
LastManStanding posted...
No one should hate anyone. Sin is a sin.

i just dont see the point in the stupid hate. in these things.
---
#8Faust_8Posted 3/15/2013 3:11:27 PM
garrspete posted...

He said announced, not decided.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#9mercurydudePosted 3/15/2013 3:42:45 PM(edited)
Some major proponents for gay rights have been Christian... Bayard Rustin, Coretta Scott King, Tammy Faye Messner, Mildred Loving, Gene Robinson, etc. Sure, a lot of these people were in the minority at the time, but credit must be given where it's due. More and more Christians, including our president, are speaking out in favor of gay rights. Yes, there are still plenty of anti-gay traditionalists, but history is not on their side. A former advocate of DOMA. republican senator Rob Portman, recently reversed his position after revealing that his son is gay.

And while I respect what you're trying to do with this topic, this issue has already been addressed in a much more eloquent manner.

http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html
---
"I am going to light a fire in Paradise and pour water on Hell, so that both veils completely vanish." - Rabia Al-'Adawiyya
#10garrspetePosted 3/15/2013 3:35:14 PM
Faust_8 posted...
garrspete posted...

He said announced, not decided.

Read lower
---
Dinkin' Flicka