This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i dont get something about the Christianity religion. (or any in that matter)

#31IamvegitoPosted 3/21/2013 12:44:21 PM
ITT: I and people like me (Bible scholars) do not exist.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#32XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 3:36:51 PM
C_Mat posted...
XT3M3 posted...

Pretty much, yes, you can point out when another person sins, but the Christian can't fall into the trap of thinking:
1) That I'm justified in the sight of God for my own good actions (because that's not how it works)
and 2) That I'm better than you because you do this particular sin and I don't.

So one "Christian" might oppose homosexuality because they hate gay people and think they're better than homosexuals. But according to the Bible, this type of person is not really a Christian at all.

Another Christian might oppose homosexuality simply because the Bible says it's a sin to have sex with someone of the same gender, but that doesn't mean they feel any hatred or superiority over homosexual people.

Why treat them like they are the scum of the earth? because you're so ignorant the you think that you are a "perfect" christian?

It's hard for a Christian who truly understands the gospel to look down on someone else for being a sinner, because the gospel says we're all sinners. But it's very possible to oppose a person's actions without hating them or thinking you're better. We do it all the time, but for some reason people think that's impossible when it comes to homosexuality.

You're perfectly pointing out a problem with the church today, that they go overboard in opposing homosexuality. But please don't think that just because our news media likes to highlight the hateful Christians that it means we're all like that. The problem with Christianity is the followers, but that doesn't mean the religion itself is wrong. It means the religion is poorly represented (by SOME people).

about the whole believing the bible heaven and earth thing. lets role play a bit, 1 person who is a NEAR perfect human being / christian is a Shining light to the chruch/where he lives. then he tells people hes gay. one of the members of his town tells him what hes doing is wrong. (as you said, its ok hes just keeping a christian in check) if its that 1 and only thing. fine but if 4 months later you are just harrassing him about the fact hes gay and commiting a sin. thats when i think you are no longer doing "god work" and now just being stupid. especially with the fact thats his only flaw.

the part about people who say they arent christian first (para. 4)this i agree with. this also ties along this post.

And one more thing I should note before I go on: it's not at all a sin to simply be attracted to someone of the same gender. It's a sin to actually have sex with someone of the same gender, or to dwell on sexual thoughts about someone of the same gender. But the feeling of attraction or temptations is a sin by itself.

So to call homosexual feelings in a person a "flaw" is not to single them out (I realize you've probably heard of lots of churches and Christians doing this, and they're being hypocrites). The truth is, everybody has psychological and genetic "flaws" that make it easier to commit some sins than others.

ok sorry it took me so long to get back here.

for the first part. about hatred i feel like this is the majority of Christians. im sorry thats just how i feel. cause according to what you posted the real sin is to have sex with the same gender. people seem to misquote this and put MARRIAGE is wrong. (i know that marriage is the key to sex) but i don think they see it like that. also by how they they lets me know its out of hate.

words like ****** and other terms i cant say here coming out of their mouths DONT really make the religion look good.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Divsion standing Nets: 41-29 2nd place| Yankees OFF| Giants OFF| Islanders 11-12-3 4th Place
#33XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 3:44:48 PM
"It's hard for a Christian who truly understands the gospel to look down on someone else for being a sinner, because the gospel says we're all sinners. But it's very possible to oppose a person's actions without hating them or thinking you're better. We do it all the time, but for some reason people think that's impossible when it comes to homosexuality.

You're perfectly pointing out a problem with the church today, that they go overboard in opposing homosexuality. But please don't think that just because our news media likes to highlight the hateful Christians that it means we're all like that. The problem with Christianity is the followers, but that doesn't mean the religion itself is wrong. It means the religion is poorly represented (by SOME people)"

i would honestly hope that a majority of christians arent as closed minded about certain things. cause hearing some talk about how wrong gay marrige is is really sad. and i agree the religion is the problem in this case. its the ignorance of the people who go around preaching it.

"And one more thing I should note before I go on: it's not at all a sin to simply be attracted to someone of the same gender. It's a sin to actually have sex with someone of the same gender, or to dwell on sexual thoughts about someone of the same gender. But the feeling of attraction or temptations is a sin by itself."

thanks for clearing up this for me. i thought is was just being attracted honestly.

So to call homosexual feelings in a person a "flaw" is not to single them out (I realize you've probably heard of lots of churches and Christians doing this, and they're being hypocrites). The truth is, everybody has psychological and genetic "flaws" that make it easier to commit some sins than others.

True enough point here. but you cant stop the power of ignorance.
---
Teams/Divsion standing Nets: 41-29 2nd place| Yankees OFF| Giants OFF| Islanders 11-12-3 4th Place
#34XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 3:46:19 PM
"Everything you said above is the truth, and I don't disagree with it (except that last sentence, I don't know any verse that talks about being pro-gay. However, there are 6 places in the Bible that either outright say that homosexuality is wrong, or hint that it's wrong)."

hmmmmm ok thanks for clearing this up as well. now i really wondering what they were talking about
---