This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you fellow Christians pray for the repentance of the atheists here?

#141LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:20:45 PM
DarkContractor posted...
yeah, now that I think about it I don't have the free will to pick between the Devil and God, because neither of them reveal themselves at all. All God needs to do is prove his existence to me. That's doesn't force me to follow him; that'd be bs, as you seem to agree with. But it lets me know what decision I'm making. Right now, according to your theology, it's pretty much throwing a dart at a board while blindfolded and hoping I'm right. I don't have the free will to believe in God. I do have the option of pretending to believe in God, but it's not like if I say "I think God is real" enough times and say enough prayers I'll suddenly really believe.

Your situation is different then mine, God will not leave you hanging, there will be things happening from time to time, you will have to decide to follow or not. It is very individual. Free will is always there, like your choice to come to gamefaqs. Because of situation it might appear when there is no choice, but choice is there always.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#142DarkContractorPosted 3/23/2013 3:12:31 PM
I did not have the choice to come to gamefaqs. I just did. You really don't understand that video at all, do you?

So if nothing happens from time to time for me, do you agree that I have no reason to believe the Bible is the Word of God?
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. PSN: MrPillow92 Steam: MrPillowtheGreat
#143LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:01:21 PM(edited)
DarkContractor posted...
I did not have the choice to come to gamefaqs. I just did. You really don't understand that video at all, do you?

So if nothing happens from time to time for me, do you agree that I have no reason to believe the Bible is the Word of God?

Today at mass I think I have a sign for you and what is happening to you. When Jesus was at Pilate he did not found anything to charge Him with, but since He was from Galilee he send Him to Herod. Herod was very curious about Jesus because of what they were saying about Him. He wanted to witness miracles, I guess to see things so he can believe. Meanwhile Christ did not do anything or to say anything.

This brings me to you, if you are sitting and waiting for signs, and miracles, special intervention for you, you might not get it. You are basically dictating God terms of your repentance. If you will do A, I will do B.

LastManStanding testimonies does not seem enough. Then there might be others. Like I said yesterday belongs to God, what is happening now is ours, tomorrow might not come. That is just how it is.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#144JonWood007Posted 3/24/2013 9:07:30 AM
...except he showed Abraham, and Moses, and Thomas, and a crapton of other people signs.
---
Desktop: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/K6Pj
Laptop: http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/model/LX.WY202.001
#145DarkContractorPosted 3/24/2013 11:49:47 AM
DarkContractor posted...

Today at mass I think I have a sign for you and what is happening to you. When Jesus was at Pilate he did not found anything to charge Him with, but since He was from Galilee he send Him to Herod. Herod was very curious about Jesus because of what they were saying about Him. He wanted to witness miracles, I guess to see things so he can believe. Meanwhile Christ did not do anything or to say anything.

This brings me to you, if you are sitting and waiting for signs, and miracles, special intervention for you, you might not get it. You are basically dictating God terms of your repentance. If you will do A, I will do B.

LastManStanding testimonies does not seem enough. Then there might be others. Like I said yesterday belongs to God, what is happening now is ours, tomorrow might not come. That is just how it is.

I decided to visit Church today for the first time in a little over, and our Pastor just did some preaching explaining what Palm Sunday was. Now why on God's Green Earth would he not just deliver the message to my Church instead of using someone I see as a raging lunatic as a middle man?

Regardless, if I don't get proof of God, no matter what mental gymnastics you perform, why should I believe?
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. PSN: MrPillow92 Steam: MrPillowtheGreat
#146UnfairRepresentPosted 3/24/2013 3:33:28 PM
If I believed in God, I wouldn't waste my time telling him that I want everyone else to believe in him.

I think he already would know that and even if he didn't, I wouldn't want him to intervene on my behalf to take away their free will and force them
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/45yVrRr.jpg