This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not believing in God - it could be depressing, you been warned

#1LastManStandingPosted 3/19/2013 7:40:33 AM
As a non-believer, why you do the things you do? Ask yourself a series of questions, and keep going till you will reach a circular loop, and you will reach a circular loop.
How does this work:
Q) Why do you sleep?
A) I go to sleep, so I can be rested for tomorrow.
Q) Why do you want to be rested for tomorrow?
A) So I can go to work.
Q) Why do you have to go to work?
A) So I can pay my rent and buy food...
As you reach that circular loop, you will notice a repetition, and that is your routine.
Reaching the typical, same thing different day. It will change a bit over the years, but basically more or less it will stay the same. Circular routine like that is basically a vegetation. You exist, but you are just passing time till you die.
You should actually do this, while you looking at yourself in a mirror.

Oh in life you might try some many things, but they will not fulfill you. You might want money, but when you will have money, you will want more money... Whatever you will do, you will find there is something that is missing. Look at the four walls, and your future, you will reach an old age, and there would be you and the four walls.

God gives you purpose. Saves you from circular existence. You do things, because you want eternal life, and save as many other people as possible. Current life is nothing but a drop in a bucket, while your soul is eternal.
All these things you write against God here, read it to yourself with a straight face in the mirror, so how it behaves, and moves, you might not recognize yourself.

Repent and believe in the Gospel. God loves you, and is waiting.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#2TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/19/2013 7:44:32 AM
Im obviously not sure because I have never been an atheist, but a lot of the things I do have intrinsic value to me, and I think I would still feel that way if I was an atheist.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#3LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 7:48:11 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Im obviously not sure because I have never been an atheist, but a lot of the things I do have intrinsic value to me, and I think I would still feel that way if I was an atheist.

Christ gives us purpose, all we do has a significance that is not lost. If that is taken away, it becomes self serving circular motion that is never fulfilling. Listened to a great homily yesterday, but of course it is in Polish, that touched on that.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#4ravenomoarPosted 3/19/2013 7:50:25 AM
Here we go again. We sleep to fullfil a physiological need. Living is its own reward. Why because living another day is better than not living. It's as simple as that. Do we have to work yes. What is the alternative? To live like cavemen hunting and gathering? If Id want to do that Id move to Africa and live the tribal life. I am quite comfortable giving up some of my time to partake in an industrialized society.
#5IwantedzeroPosted 3/19/2013 8:06:03 AM
You might want money, but when you will have money, you will want more money...

You don't know that. You don't know me. The only one who know what I will want in the future is the only one who can know the future with absolute certainty, and that's your god.

Saying you know what can not be known by any except god alone is putting yourself on his level. In essence you're saying you are as all knowing as the lord!

You'd better say seventy hail marys to apologize!
---
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/615/zeropoem.jpg
#6LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 8:17:24 AM
Iwantedzero posted...

You don't know that. You don't know me. The only one who know what I will want in the future is the only one who can know the future with absolute certainty, and that's your god.

Saying you know what can not be known by any except god alone is putting yourself on his level. In essence you're saying you are as all knowing as the lord!

You'd better say seventy hail marys to apologize!

God gives you free will my friend. Human nature, examples from history, and current wealth behaviors is what is taken to account, but yes there are people who are rich that repent, and wealth becomes something that is distributed. So yes, there are exceptions.
70 Hail Marries, it is almost Rosary and a half.
---
#7MyNamesNotHerePosted 3/19/2013 8:18:39 AM
LastManStanding posted...
As a non-believer, why you do the things you do? Ask yourself a series of questions, and keep going till you will reach a circular loop, and you will reach a circular loop.
How does this work:
Q) Why do you sleep?
A) So I can go to work.
As you reach that circular loop, you will notice a repetition, and that is your routine.
Reaching the typical, same thing different day. It will change a bit over the years, but basically more or less it will stay the same. Circular routine like that is basically a vegetation. You exist, but you are just passing time till you die.

Religion is no different.

You simply lie to yourself because your fear the fact that this is truth.

The universe owes you nothing. Accept it or not. The end is the same for everyone.
---
Nothings Here.
#8IwantedzeroPosted 3/19/2013 8:25:13 AM
God gives you free will my friend. Human nature, examples from history, and current wealth behaviors is what is taken to account, but yes there are people who are rich that repent, and wealth becomes something that is distributed. So yes, there are exceptions.
70 Hail Marries, it is almost Rosary and a half.

It's not about repentance. You simply say that I will seek more money no matter how much money I have.

And you can't know this to be true. Only the almighty knows whether or not it would be true.
---
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/615/zeropoem.jpg
#9LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 8:26:18 AM
MyNamesNotHere posted...
How does this work:
Q) Why do you sleep?
A) So I can go to work.

Religion is no different.

You simply lie to yourself because your fear the fact that this is truth.

The universe owes you nothing. Accept it or not. The end is the same for everyone.

If a religion is a filler to your routine, then it becomes a routine. That could be attributed to the state of having a lukewarm, indifferent, dead faith.
---
#10MyNamesNotHerePosted 3/19/2013 8:30:08 AM
.That could be attributed to the state of having a lukewarm, indifferent, dead faith.

That is all faith.
---
Nothings Here.