This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel I need to thank the members of this board.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I feel I need to thank the members of this board.
3 years ago#1
Before I started posting here I was much more abrasive, I took many comments from theists as an attack. To be clear I still believe the things I did months ago in regards to religion but the people behind it I see as people now instead of labels.

I was quick to judge those based on their beliefs and Ive come to realize that the fringe does not in any way represent the majority. You guys did that and I think it helped make me a better person.

So indirectly religion has made me re-evaluate those who I perceived to be antagonists.

Thanks everybody (not everybody, you know who you are)
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
3 years ago#2
bratt100 posted...
not everybody

:'(
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
3 years ago#3
Don't worry mate, your one of the good ones.

There are 3 and I'm sure most know who they are.
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
3 years ago#4
Congratulations, I am happy for you.
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
3 years ago#5
I feel the same way--came here years ago as a strong atheist (probably an "angstheist") and now I'm a weak atheist/agnostic atheist/non-theist that is a lot more soft-spoken about religion.
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
3 years ago#6
I went through that same process. It's nice, because we tend to associate with people close to our own views. This place helps us open up our sometimes narrow experience.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
3 years ago#7
I've noticed you became less abrasive as the days went by, bratt. We've all gone through that phase, and I'm glad to see you've had an opportunity to rethink things.
3 years ago#8
Though this board has never exactly made me reconsider being a Christian, it has forced me to think about my beliefs more logically and learn how to explain myself better- for which I will always be grateful to you guys.
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
3 years ago#9
Several humiliating mental beat-downs usually causes one to grow up.
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
3 years ago#10
Here's another cookie for you OW.
*gives him a cookie*
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I feel I need to thank the members of this board.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived