This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel I need to thank the members of this board.

#1bratt100Posted 3/23/2013 8:43:50 PM
Before I started posting here I was much more abrasive, I took many comments from theists as an attack. To be clear I still believe the things I did months ago in regards to religion but the people behind it I see as people now instead of labels.

I was quick to judge those based on their beliefs and Ive come to realize that the fringe does not in any way represent the majority. You guys did that and I think it helped make me a better person.

So indirectly religion has made me re-evaluate those who I perceived to be antagonists.

Thanks everybody (not everybody, you know who you are)
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#2TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/23/2013 8:53:28 PM
bratt100 posted...
not everybody

:'(
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#3bratt100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:57:55 PM
Don't worry mate, your one of the good ones.

There are 3 and I'm sure most know who they are.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#4LastManStandingPosted 3/23/2013 9:03:38 PM
Congratulations, I am happy for you.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#5Faust_8Posted 3/23/2013 9:12:49 PM
I feel the same way--came here years ago as a strong atheist (probably an "angstheist") and now I'm a weak atheist/agnostic atheist/non-theist that is a lot more soft-spoken about religion.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#6Hustle KongPosted 3/23/2013 9:50:33 PM
I went through that same process. It's nice, because we tend to associate with people close to our own views. This place helps us open up our sometimes narrow experience.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#7Moorish_IdolPosted 3/23/2013 10:02:54 PM
I've noticed you became less abrasive as the days went by, bratt. We've all gone through that phase, and I'm glad to see you've had an opportunity to rethink things.
#8C_MatPosted 3/23/2013 11:04:39 PM
Though this board has never exactly made me reconsider being a Christian, it has forced me to think about my beliefs more logically and learn how to explain myself better- for which I will always be grateful to you guys.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#9OrangeWizardPosted 3/23/2013 11:23:51 PM
Several humiliating mental beat-downs usually causes one to grow up.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#10bratt100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:25:47 PM
Here's another cookie for you OW.
*gives him a cookie*
---