This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God of Wonders - documentary made by scientist

#31DeadPresidents2Posted 3/24/2013 7:43:07 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Now we have legit and illegit scientists.

Yes, we do. It is not an attack on the intelligence of any individual to say that they are an "illegitimate" scientist. It is an attack on the intellectual honesty of what they posit. Just because a person is well educated and knows their topic well does not mean that they are not prevaricating their research as a means of causing unnecessary dispute.
---
Me to this random girl : Mygirlfriendsayswhat? Random girl: What?
Me: Zing!
#32LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:21:41 PM
You know in universe the planets go around in one direction, except there are few planets that go around in the opposite direction.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#33bratt100Posted 3/24/2013 8:23:56 PM
Typically they are captured by the star, or have had some insane impact from a larger object. Either way it's explained pretty well from natural forces.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#34LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:48:08 PM
If you seek you will find. Since you are not a scientist, you have no capacity to do anything outside what is fed to you. A scientist given something would pursue it further, as for yourself you can dismiss it on bases of someone else.
The atheist that was suing to remove nativity scene in front of the courtroom, dropped the lawsuit because he developed a cataract in his eyes, and guess what converted to Christianity.
God has a plan for your repentance.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#35bratt100Posted 3/24/2013 9:34:01 PM
Are making the claim that none of us are scientists?
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#36bratt100Posted 3/24/2013 9:48:27 PM
In my case, I have pursued it and I found the history behind many of the beliefs. They are not in any way unique, Gilgamesh being a prime example.

The early church was a sponge and they took almost all of their teachings from other cults at the time. They did this to be inclusive instead of exclusive such as mithrism.

Isis, Osiris, Baal, Hercules and Zeus. The vast majority of concepts and beliefs being taught in the church had pagan beginnings.

The most interesting one I found happens to be the story of Hercules. The similarities are pretty striking.
---
#37LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 9:48:52 PM
bratt100 posted...

You hear something, you can look for an atheist article to counter it. But you yourself have no means to test what is being presented. So what is your thought process how you arrive at what is right and what is wrong based on you heard? It is not easy, by no means.

I cannot relate because did not face that. I don't know, you have to probably come up with some system that evaluate information. Maybe a mix bag, maybe look at both sites.
---
#38bratt100Posted 3/24/2013 9:52:20 PM
bratt100 posted...

You hear something, you can look for an atheist article to counter it. But you yourself have no means to test what is being presented. So what is your thought process how you arrive at what is right and what is wrong based on you heard? It is not easy, by no means.

I cannot relate because did not face that. I don't know, you have to probably come up with some system that evaluate information. Maybe a mix bag, maybe look at both sites.

You can though. With minimal training you to can recreate some of the easier experiments. Yuo sound like you believe it's some sort of magic.
---
#39LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:06:54 PM
bratt100 posted...
bratt100 posted...

You can though. With minimal training you to can recreate some of the easier experiments. Yuo sound like you believe it's some sort of magic.

Magic is occultism and I reject it.
---
#40bratt100Posted 3/24/2013 10:08:57 PM
*facepalm*

I'm saying that to you, science seems like magic. That is how I have interpreted your posts.
---