This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you sell your soul to the Devil, can you get it back? (Christians only)

#1SlaynWilderGL3Posted 3/24/2013 12:04:40 AM
I was wondering if one person sold his soul and he/she regrets it, can the person repent, get his/her soul back and be save?
---
Star Wars fans please like The Imperial Fleet facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Imperial-Fleet/462605397130503
#2actarusPosted 3/24/2013 1:48:00 AM
Why the hell should you sell it to the Devil ( who want to destroy humankind) except of being a stupid rebel or evil to the bone. Do you think that you can mass murder and being saved by saying "sorry" on the last minute of your life? Forget it, don't underestimate the word "repent".

All sins can be forgiven except "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit".
Rebellious refusing to repent is an example. So reverse your personality and repent.

Mat 12:31 [Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit 2].
Wherefore I say to you,
All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men:
but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.
Mat 12:32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him:
but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him,
neither in this Age[World], neither in the Coming
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#3almasbabyPosted 3/24/2013 6:09:29 AM
I think Satan has a no returns no refunds policy.
#4TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/24/2013 6:21:40 AM
You cant sell your soul, thats dumb.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#5OrangeWizardPosted 3/24/2013 7:42:15 AM
The super-devil can get it back.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#6FingerpuppetPosted 3/24/2013 9:20:45 AM
How exactly does one sell their soul to the devil?
---
I recently came back to this site. I don't have an interesting sig, so please say something interesting that I can put here.
#7Burning_WolfXPosted 3/24/2013 9:26:26 AM
SlaynWilderGL3 posted...
I was wondering if one person sold his soul and he/she regrets it, can the person repent, get his/her soul back and be save?

Yeah, but you'll need Jesus to ROFLstomp Satan to get it back. Which, thankfully, He already did at His death. So just repent, ask Jesus for some help, and He'll set things straight.
---
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But Im afraid He'd ask me the same thing.
#8darkmaian23Posted 3/24/2013 10:38:53 AM
The concept of someone being able to sell their soul to the devil is commonly brought up in Christian circles. But how does it work exactly? How do you go about selling your soul to the devil? What does he offer in return? How do you know the when the transaction is complete? Surely you can't sell it if you don't get something in return?
#9TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/24/2013 10:41:06 AM
darkmaian23 posted...
The concept of someone being able to sell their soul to the devil is commonly brought up in Christian circles. But how does it work exactly? How do you go about selling your soul to the devil? What does he offer in return? How do you know the when the transaction is complete? Surely you can't sell it if you don't get something in return?

You cant. Its a figurative idea for people who give up the things that are truly important in life for wealth and short term pleasure.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#10IamvegitoPosted 3/24/2013 10:43:43 AM
The "if" statement is impossible, so there is no answer to the "then."
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."