This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you sell your soul to the Devil, can you get it back? (Christians only)

#41Likwidlyric12Posted 3/27/2013 4:10:00 AM
OrangeWizard posted...

I don't see anything about selling your soul in that verse.
Maybe you have a very loose definition of what "selling your soul" actually is.

Then maybe you should open your eyes. I can accept that I can't make the blind see or make a walrus tap dance. Trading worship for wealth .goods is indeed selling your soul. If you cant tell that the offer made by Satan was exactly that then that is your problem not mine...

No it doesn't

Yes it does "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 thess - 5:23)

That verse was from someone addressing an entire congregation, not a person.

Please don't perpetuate ignorance. Paul wrote this letter as a message to a newly founded church and like all sermons it addressed EVERYONE. This is not something where you add your own brand of make beleive theology to it.

The congregation's spirit was it's mental disposition and morale. The congregation's soul was it's existence.

this is you adding make believe theology. the spirit comes from God.

Zech 12:1). "The spirit will return to God who gave it." (Eccl 12:7). "He jealously desires the spirit which He has made to dwell in us." (James 4:5).

The spirit is not mental disposition or morale, but a created part of our character that does not change, and is subject to Gods.judgment The bible says god himself is a spirit, so to be consistent you would also have to say God himself is a mental disposition and morale, and that is nonsense.

Soul = life.

Wrong...the soul gives the body life but it does NOT = life. Everyone on Earth has a soul that gives thier body life but most are spiritually dead. (See: ALL of Ephesians 2) Life comes from being born again in the name of Christ, (See: John 3:36) this is why revelation speaks of people being sent to the second death (lake of fire) on judgment day.

That verse says nothing about a temporary vessel or a soul or a spirit.

Let me guess..never read the Bible,

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return

ahem

and unto dust shalt thou return Your body is temporary... for proof of this visit any graveyard.
---
-The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.-Psalm 14:1
-If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.- John 15:18-
#42Likwidlyric12Posted 3/27/2013 4:10:30 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Whoa

Likwid

How have you been?

Hello, fine.
---
-The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.-Psalm 14:1
-If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.- John 15:18-