This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What part(s) of the Bible can be considered divine inspiration?

#1DarkContractorPosted 3/25/2013 5:38:05 AM
I recall recently reading over a small part of debate where it was pointed out parts of Paul's Epistles where Paul warned, as TRJ pointed out, that he was about to say something that is not the Word of God.

So here's the question; what is and isn't the Word of God as far as Biblical canon is concerned, and how do we create the standards in which we did sort what is and isn't?

I think we can all agree on anything that's supposed to be what Jesus or Yahweh specifically said can be considered 'divine inspiration'. What is everyone's opinion?
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. PSN: MrPillow92 Steam: MrPillowtheGreat
#2LastManStandingPosted 3/25/2013 6:49:38 AM
The entire Bible
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#3bratt100Posted 3/25/2013 7:15:28 AM
I think we need to get this man a playpen.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#4IamvegitoPosted 3/25/2013 7:25:46 AM
Well the Word of God (logos) is masculinized Wisdom (Sophia), and is used to refer to Jesus. The Bible is Scripture, not the "Word."

There is no reason to think that it is an infallible text - all of its authors were human, and nothing humans can write is universal. However, in the sense that all of the books of the Bible were written as a response to a phenomenon, i.e. God, they are all "inspired."

Again, inspiration does not imply "true for all time." The big theme of the text (God's justice versus humanity's injustice) is probably the biggest thing that we can take away, and should work as our hermeneutical framework for the text, but also for our own experience; a sort of "double exegesis."
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#5LastManStandingPosted 3/25/2013 7:46:55 AM
bratt100 posted...

Just think if it was partial. Then fights will be breaking out on the context is it God saying that or men? It will be such a mess. I hope in Christ this explanation will suffice that the entire Bible is Holy Spirit inspired.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#6bratt100Posted 3/25/2013 7:52:27 AM
LastManStanding posted...
bratt100 posted...

Just think if it was partial. Then fights will be breaking out on the context is it God saying that or men? It will be such a mess. I hope in Christ this explanation will suffice that the entire Bible is Holy Spirit inspired.

It's incredibly fragmented and contains numerous contradictions and different writing styles. It's very interesting but the bible as it is today is the result of a few men deciding what should and should not be in it. Man decided what the book contained and man is incredibly fallible.

If the bible were true then the current version is as far from the true word as you can get. Far too many cooks in the kitchen.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#7LastManStandingPosted 3/25/2013 8:00:55 AM
bratt100 posted...
LastManStanding posted...
bratt100 posted...

It's incredibly fragmented and contains numerous contradictions and different writing styles. It's very interesting but the bible as it is today is the result of a few men deciding what should and should not be in it. Man decided what the book contained and man is incredibly fallible.

If the bible were true then the current version is as far from the true word as you can get. Far too many cooks in the kitchen.

Do you know how to read Bible under Holy Spirit? You take a small fragment and the Bible, one little section and read it over and over till the words start to change to what is happening in your life and what God wants you to do. Catechism explains how Bible has to be read properly.
---
#8bratt100Posted 3/25/2013 8:05:38 AM
You do realise that how cults work right?
---
#9LastManStandingPosted 3/25/2013 8:50:23 AM
bratt100 posted...
You do realise that how cults work right?

Bratt what are your criteria for believing. You look like you are all over the place.
---
#10JonWood007Posted 3/25/2013 9:00:35 AM
..Except most Christians actually don't read the Bible "properly" if you wanna come down to it. The Bible is an anthology of works written over a thousand years, and Christians like to treat it as a single work coming from the same author. They assume it does not contradict, so when they come across a contradiction, they rationalize it away rather than face the fact that there is a blatant contradiction there.
---
Desktop: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/K6Pj
Laptop: http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/model/LX.WY202.001