This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you perceive truth? Comforting or annoying?

#1LastManStandingPosted 3/26/2013 10:41:55 AM(edited)
How do you perceive truth? - Results (21 votes)
Comforting
14.29% (3 votes)
Annoying
9.52% (2 votes)
Hurtful
0% (0 votes)
It sets me free
33.33% (7 votes)
I am growing to like it more and more
14.29% (3 votes)
I ignore it and do what I want
28.57% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Truth can hurt, annoy, comfort, set a person free. Usually the indicator of your attitude towards something is a signal of how you are?
God is truth, an utter complete truth. Many times we do not understand it, it can takes years but looking back we will see that we were wrong.
Good examples are our parents, when they tell us we are lazy, that we are doing bad in school. Later however, through our struggles in life, we see that the parents were right.
Let's look at truth and how we feel will towards it. I am talking about God being the truth.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#2ravenomoarPosted 3/26/2013 10:40:37 AM
God does not equal truth. You have no evidence. It is only your faith. However, that does not make it true just because you believe it. This poll alludes to that and is a useless exercise.
#3LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:45:33 AM
ravenomoar posted...
God does not equal truth. You have no evidence. It is only your faith. However, that does not make it true just because you believe it. This poll alludes to that and is a useless exercise.

If it annoys you, it annoy you? Or you can ignore it and do what you want. Also if you were comfortable, nothing will annoy you. Truth annoys.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#4LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:50:14 AM
Look at this simple psychology. If it is false, why you get so annoyed? Answer that first. If you were truly concerned for me, compassion does not breath annoyance. But you are annoyed? Why God provokes such a level of annoyance in you?
---
#5ravenomoarPosted 3/26/2013 11:01:16 AM
What is your criteria for truth? Because it was written 2000 years ago does it make it truth? Because it claims to be the word of god? What evidence do you have to back this up? If faith is your answer then it is not truth therefore its faith.
#6LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 11:09:25 AM
ravenomoar posted...
What is your criteria for truth? Because it was written 2000 years ago does it make it truth? Because it claims to be the word of god? What evidence do you have to back this up? If faith is your answer then it is not truth therefore its faith.

Look at the Holy Bible just as it is, why is it annoying you so much? And why does it annoy you so much when someone trust it.
To me and most Catholics and Christians I hope in Christ Holy Bible is the absolute truth. For God is truth. Those two statements should not annoy you, if they do...
---
#7ravenomoarPosted 3/26/2013 11:13:18 AM
So hoping that its the truth is not the same thing as being TRUTH. Whats annoying is your labeling. So now you just provided confirmation at least you are being honest.
#8IwantedzeroPosted 3/26/2013 11:28:59 AM
Well different truths have different impacts. Finding out how much some people love me was really comforting. Finding out I eat spiders in my sleep was terrifying.

What's god's reason for the whole eating spiders while you sleep thing anyway?
---
Trust me, I'm a random stranger on the internet.
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
#9LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 11:48:13 AM
ravenomoar posted...
So hoping that its the truth is not the same thing as being TRUTH. Whats annoying is your labeling. So now you just provided confirmation at least you are being honest.

Yesterday I got raddled like I could not imagined, this happen in Church. God showed me that I get raddled. Another truth is the truth we are learning about ourselves.
So you saying when I show the Word of God, and refers to it as such, but when I say that atheists are taken over by the devil that annoy you.
But you know I am also enslaved to the devil, for I do something I hate and do it again and again. The more I grow in faith, the more I see how suspect I am to sin.
---
#10Lord_IchmaelPosted 3/26/2013 11:57:23 AM
I agree that different truths have different impacts. Eating spiders in your sleep is a myth, incidentally. Since LMS's poll is a trollerific loaded question, I'm not answering. Can you please admit you're a troll/Poe already?