This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hypothetical question (mature subject matter; viewer discretion is advised)

#1paulo_yamatoPosted 3/27/2013 3:27:26 PM
Let's say I was a terrorist.
And I was the worst terrorist of the 21st Century. One of those silent terrorist that has their hand in a number of evil acts against nations and people. For lol purposes, we'll suppose that my religion is "Unknown".

so now I ask:
1. Christians, can I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior (John 3:16) after doing all those terrorist acts and get into Heaven? CITE YOUR BIBLE properly if you choose to reply.

2. Other religions. Can I get into your Heaven, Paradise, Valhalla, Whathaveyou if I repent and do whatever thing I'm supposed to do.

And. Go.
---
You see it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. The Mohammedan religion too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity.
Adolf Hitler
#2Lord_IchmaelPosted 3/27/2013 4:14:45 PM
From my understanding as an ex-Catholic ex-non-denominational, the answer to #1 is yes IF you were sincerely sorry for those terrorist actions. I have no Bible verses in mind, though, so I don't know what the basis for that belief is.
#3IamvegitoPosted 3/27/2013 5:04:32 PM
Afterlife isn't central to the Bible. "Eternal life" is "world of justice-by-peace." So I don't have an answer.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#4TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/27/2013 5:12:58 PM
1. If you are sincere in your repentance, you will get into the afterlife, yes.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#5OrangeWizardPosted 3/27/2013 6:02:35 PM(edited)
Yes.

Didn't cite, lol.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#6almasbabyPosted 3/27/2013 6:13:13 PM
For the first one I think you have to reconcile in some way with those you've done wrong, namely the families of those you killed. You'd have to make amends to them.
#7SilviiroPosted 3/27/2013 6:20:51 PM
That is God's decision. No man can know the destination of another man.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#8kozlo100Posted 3/27/2013 6:21:54 PM
You guys gonna let an atheist be the first to quote a verse? ;-)

Luke 23:39-43
English Standard Version (ESV)

39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him,[a] saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#9SilviiroPosted 3/27/2013 6:26:20 PM
Just as a note, Paradise is not Heaven, Paradise is in Sheol. Now of course being in Paradise heavily implies that one's final destination is Heaven, but such is never explicitly written. I am not saying you are incorrect, just elaborating on something it seems that most Christians seem to forget.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#10OrangeWizardPosted 3/27/2013 7:03:04 PM(edited)
Just as a note, Paradise is not Heaven, Paradise is in Sheol.

Just a note, this is not true. I am not saying you are incorrect, just that you're wrong.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.