This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leviticus 19 19-Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material

#1GwynsSonSolairePosted 3/28/2013 1:05:30 AM
Checkmate christians
#2Moorish_IdolPosted 3/28/2013 1:26:53 AM
Christ fulfilled the law. Learn to New Testament. Etc.
#3GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 1:31:25 AM
So all the old stuff (like anti gay in Leviticus) doesnt matter because in your interpretation jesus made it void?

happy easter
#4bratt100Posted 3/28/2013 1:41:00 AM
Let's not to get into the insanity of it all. They says he fulfilled the law but no it all still stands.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#5Moorish_IdolPosted 3/28/2013 2:03:39 AM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
So all the old stuff (like anti gay in Leviticus) doesnt matter because in your interpretation jesus made it void?

happy easter

It's not my interpretation. It's the interpretation I hear from most Christians. Also this topic has been made a couple quintillion times across the internets -- you should know better by now, tbh.

But yes, that stuff technically doesn't matter anymore as far as being laws, but they can still be seen as a moral guideline (that is to say, no longer an obligation, but may or may not be deemed worth following still). Also Paul says anti-gay stuff too.
#6bratt100Posted 3/28/2013 2:14:07 AM
There is also a few pro gay ones too...they ignore those in many cases though.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#7GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 2:43:44 AM
Moorish_Idol posted...
GwynsSonSolaire posted...

happy easter

It's not my interpretation. It's the interpretation I hear from most Christians. Also this topic has been made a couple quintillion times across the internets -- you should know better by now, tbh.

But yes, that stuff technically doesn't matter anymore as far as being laws, but they can still be seen as a moral guideline (that is to say, no longer an obligation, but may or may not be deemed worth following still). Also Paul says anti-gay stuff too.

I got a better question...

Why would you even care what a bunch of people believed you should conduct yourself 2000 years ago
#8Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/28/2013 4:04:37 AM
Romans 7:6

Checkmate, atheists. Learn the bible before you criticize it.
#9IamvegitoPosted 3/28/2013 5:58:19 AM
Use Deuteronomy 22:5. It uses the same word (abomination) for women who wear "male clothing," which means jeans and pants.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#10IamvegitoPosted 3/28/2013 5:59:48 AM
Also Paul says anti-gay stuff too.

Only when quoting anti-Gentile polemics that contemporary Jews liked to use. You should probably read the entire book of Romans to see what Paul had to say about Jew-Gentile relationships.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."